Below the Root
Below the Root is a platform adventure game with a fantasy theme developed by Dale Disharoon and published by Windham Classics for the Commodore 64, Apple II, and PC Booter in 1984. The game is based on Zilpha Keatley Snyder's book series, The Green-Sky Trilogy. It is an early pioneer of what would later be known as the Metroidvania genre, though it lacks the action elements.
I heard about this game because it was listed as a major inspiration for Seiklus, a game I really enjoyed. I looked up the game and found it to be pretty impressive looking, but I've never actually played it.
I do not own this game and have never played it.
- Best Version: Commodore 64
- youtube.com/watch?v=xdUBefQ1cT4 - Longplay.
- mobygames.com/game/below-the-root - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Below_the_Root_(video_game) - Wikipedia.
- blog.stahlmandesign.com/below-the-root-a-story-a-computer-game-and-my-lifelong-obsession - Fan Page.
- tcrf.net/Below_the_Root - The Cutting Room Floor.