Atheism is a category of positions about the non-existence of gods.
Although I grew up in a secular home, I attended church with my aunt and uncle between the ages of around age 8-19. During that time I identified as a Christian. My religious beliefs waned in my late teens and, around the age of 20, I was calling myself a deist. In my early 20s, I called myself an agnostic, and, by my mid-20s, I called myself an atheist. I still refer to myself as an atheist, but I prefer to use secular humanist since I feel it more accurately describes my world view.
- Ask an Atheist Day
- Atheism versus agnosticism
- Is atheism a religion?
- Nobody is an atheist
- Questions about apostasy
- What do atheists believe?
- Where do atheists get their morals?
- Who is an atheist?
- Why should people call themselves atheist?
- You're just angry at god
Related to Atheism
- Aren't you afraid of hell?
- God at the end of the rainbow
- Humanity reboot
- List of bad arguments against religions
- Russell's teapot