Annoying: The Science of What Bugs Us
Annoying: The Science of What Bugs Us is a book written by Joe Palca and Flora Lichtman that gives scientific details, including the physiology and psychology, behind the things that cause us to get annoyed.
I got this book as part of a Humble Bundle audio book sale.
I own this book in audio book form and have listened to it.
- The book is enjoyable and informative.
- There are interesting delves into other areas of research like foreign languages, brain chemistry, and anthropology.
- They give a lot of evidence for why most forms of annoyance are learned rather than intrinsic.
- Several times the authors describe an annoying sound, but they never give examples, even in the audio book.
- goodreads.com/book/show/10102974-annoying - Good Reads.