Freaks and Geeks
|Killing us not so softly|
So far I've seen robins, blue birds, Canada geese, swans, squirrels, and chipmunks. Don't these fools know it's not spring yet?
I added a page for the Green Day album American Idiot.
- After the Florida school shooting, the surviving students begged Republican Marco Rubio to pass sensible gun control laws, but he refused. He's a
lawmaker who doesn't believe laws do any good. He followed up his stupidity with a town hall meeting, where explained why he will continue to
accept money from the NRA. And it's lack of action like Rubio's that has caused an
increase in threats to other schools. Sadly, adults have to rely on the surviving
children to be the sensible ones.
- Trump is still ignoring Russian espionage.
- When Clinton cheated on his wife, he was impeached. When Trump is caught cheating on his wife multiple times and paying huge amounts of hush money
Christians call him a man of God.
- Trump continues to dismiss scientific facts, but we have a pretty good idea about how much the earth changed the last time there was global warming, and it's going to be a lot worse
this time around.
A wonderful lecture about all the non-visible light flying through the universe.
Want to run an emulator of one of the first computers ever made?
|Dreaming of ones and zeros|
I've added a page for The Official Nintendo Player's Guide.
- Every couple days there is a mass shooting in the US, and it brings up the same tired arguments. Here are the most common,
and why they're wrong.
- As students from Parkland, Florida traveled to protest in Washington D.C., Republicans in their home state rejected a proposed
ban on assault rifles.
- Republican Shawn Harrison had to fire his aide, Benjamin Kelly, because Kelly claimed, in an official capacity, that the students in the Parkland, Florida massacre weren't real students,
but paid actors. But it's not just some random jerk who parrots these ridiculous
conspiracy theories, Trump himself likes these obvious lies.
- Republicans may be ignoring all the children being murdered, but they aren't doing nothing. Why, just yesterday all their hard work paid off and they were able to keep the woefully incompetent Jared Kushner in
his senior White House advisor role, despite losing his
access to secret federal information.
- In addition to ending Net neutrality tomorrow,
Republican Ajit Pai will also take Internet access away from poor people.
- Georgia Republicans have passed a bill that will allow Christian adoption agencies to refuse to place orphan children in same-sex families, not because they feel same-sex couples will be incapable parents, but
because they're bigots.
- But it's not all bad news, the Republican clusterfuck is causing people to vote against them
in record numbers.
- Why Trump's wall won't work and what we need to do about those damn dog statues.
- John Oliver discusses the importance of getting the news right, and why Trump and Brexit are both results of systemic lies.
- Al Franken wasn't expected to resign because of bots or Internet trolls, he was expected to resign because Liberals expect their politicians to behave
Iceland is doing something that every nation should do, they're banning the mutilation of infants for non-medical reasons. Naturally, religious people are freaking out because their religion requires the
mutilation of infants for non-medical reasons.
Salt makes food taste better, not because it makes it taste more salty, but strangely, more sweet!
How and why religious apologists resort to the fallacy of false equivalence.
|Can't I go back to when I didn't have to pay attention to politics?|
I added a page for Nintendo Power and maps to the Mario
Kart 64 page.
If someone says they cured their own cancer, they're probably going to die from cancer.
Some of the more unsung black heroes.
Why the arguments of antivaxers are so flawed.
Using Nitrogen Triiodide to make things go boom.
Echidnas are just plain weird.
|Still can't sleep a full night|
I added a page for OutRun.
- The Trump administration just killed the bill that was going to waste $25,000,000,000 in tax payer money to pay for Trump's border wall just so they could
deport DREAMers. This
is the compromise that Democrats made with Republicans in order to not shut down the government. As expected, the Republicans didn't follow through, shame on the the Democrats for thinking they could be trusted.
- Want to know how your legislators voted on gun control? NPR has a nice chart of them all. In my state of Michigan, they're right along party lines, as usual, Republicans voted in favor of making it easier for
people to get guns regardless of inexperience or mental instability. Of course, Fox "News" knows the
real cause of mass murder isn't giving assault rifles to crazy people, the
real cause is gays. Speaking of guns, the AR-15 is the official firearm of Americans who murder children, and, in Florida, they're easier to buy
than a pistol. And, yes, the Russians are also trying to affect the
American gun control debate.
- Even after thirteen Russians and three Russian entities are indicted for interfering with the US election, Trump continues to
protect Putin and Russia.
- Republican Scott Pruitt, Trump's pick the head the EPA so he can dismantle the EPA, is demanding that he has to ride in first class, because people in the ordinary section
won't stop making fun of him.
- Republican Newt Gingrich believes that people who don't believe in gods are an equal or greater threat to America than
ISIS and Al-Qaeda.
- This Trump supporter still loves him, even though he's going to lose his business because of Trump.
An American terrorist, Marckles Alcius, purposely crashed his car into a building trying to kill those people who had a
different political belief.
You too can make a Shakeweight generator to power your house.
Why you shouldn't trust the US government to give you cryptography advice.
Why being really cold makes you want to pee.
|Big baby belly buttons|
The girls had their 2-month checkup today. They're both healthy, growing steadily, and got their first round of vaccinations. Each has a fluid-filled umbilical hernia, but the doctor said it's common with
premature babies, and, as long as the intestines don't escape the belly, they will heal themselves over time.
I finished reading My Father's Dragon and added a page for the painting
- Remember a year ago when Trump eliminated a law which made it easier for people with mental problems
to buy guns? Great idea since we all know mental health has nothing to do with mass shootings,
it's all about whether people play video games.
- 13 Russian people and three Russian entities have been indicted by the federal grand jury for criminal interference with the 2016 presidential election. Some of them were in communication
with the Trump administration.
- Like Goerge W. Bush before him, Trump is trying to eliminate as much green renewable energy as he can. His goal is to wipe out 72% of research across the board so we can go back to
antiquated dirty fossil fuels.
A wonderful lecture about what the Large Hadron Collider is up to, now that the Higgs Boson has been found.
In honor of Black History Month, a collection of SNL's Black
Want another reason US health care is so expensive, because insurance companies are charged $17,850 for a
$200 drug test.
The long, really long, history of super continents.
New Mexico Republicans just lost $700,000 of tax payer money in a legal fight to
promote religion on public land.
Our modern computer design is the product of a man named John von Neumann.
Do you notice Google removed the "View Image" button in their image search? Blame Getty Images.
Lab-grown meat cannot get here soon enough!
|Never gonna stop|
I added a page about Tootsie Pops ranked by flavor, the board game
Monopoly, and I also reworked the review section for all of my
Ancient Writing pages.
- We're not even seven whole weeks into 2018, and there have already been at least eight school shootings in
the USA. The Florida shooter was a while male who belonged to a white supremacist group. shooting has
left 17 people dead, and 15 more wounded, making it the deadliest student shooting in
US history. Once again, the US is the only developed nation where mass shootings are still commonplace. Other nations that have adopted strict gun laws have also
eliminated mass shootings. As usual, Democrats call for stricter gun laws to
protect people, but Republicans continue to protect nothing but the NRA.
- You expect it from someone who has been accused of sexual assault by over 20 women, but Trump says you shouldn't
trust women who make accusations against men, especially the ex-wives that were beaten by his former staff secretary Rob Porter.
- Trump's personal laywer finally came clean and admitted that he paid $130,000 in hush money to the porn star Stormy Daniels so she wouldn't talk about her
affair with Donald Trump.
- Trump keeps complaining that immigrants are criminal, but, as usual, the real criminals are the people given power over other. Raphael Sanchez, a lawyer for ICE, has resigned after it came out that he was
stealing the identities of immigrants and using their names to
defraud financial institutions.
- Trump's head of the EPA, Republican Scott Pruitt, doesn't believe in the science of global warming, but he says, even if it's true,
maybe it's a good thing!
An interesting overview of the R.101 airship, how it was built, operated, and crashed.
Changing the mind of a faith believer is very difficult.
Superpermutations are pretty cool.
What you can buy with a billion dollars, and what you can't.
|ACE is the place for valentimes!|
Hold the wood for me Justin.
- If you wanted to create a plan for guaranteeing that the poor will never be able to pull themselves out of debt, you couldn't do better than
Trump's budget plan. And rather than help poor people, Trump wants to give $1,000,000,000 of tax payer
money to private religious school.
- Trump's protection of a wife-beater isn't going well for the White House.
- Republican Jay Lawrence doesn't think incarcerated women should have access to sanitary napkins, and doesn't even think people should be allowed to
talk about menstruation.
- Peter Coffin discusses the latest Conservative darling, Jordan Peterson.
Thunder, during a blizzard? What won't they think of next?
A Christian pastor is upset that he will no longer be getting paid as much to hold public school meetings in his church, and he is no longer allowed to
proselytize during the meetings.
Yet another video describing the god of the gaps.
Christian pastor George Nelson Gregory was caught nude and tied up with another man in a car on a public street. After on-lookers called the police, the pastor explained that he wasn't doing anything sexual, he
was just "counseling a young man with a drug problem."
|It's been the worst day since yesterday.|
I wrote about a theological problem called the God At the End of the Rainbow, added hint books, screenshots, and
manuals to the Pac-Man page, and push my previous posts to the Old News page.
- We currently live in a country where the ridiculous morning TV show "Fox and Friends" has more control over the president than anyone else.
- Of course Republicans aren't doing anything to stop Russians from interfering in US elections, a major reason why they won was because of Russian interference. But, when even George W. Bush is telling you that
Russian are interfering with the election, you know it's serious.
- The new Republican budget proposal is not only increasing the deficit to over $7,000,000,000,000, but now they're eliminating all help for student loan repayments which is going to keep current students in debt
and scare potential students away from entering universities. It also eliminates 22 programs meant to help
the poor, sick, and hungry, cuts Medicare even further and gives billions more to our
already obscenely wasteful military.
- Trump's infrastructure blueprint is basically just the government selling public lands to private owners and an increase of tolls and fees for services
that were once free.
- Trump is also trying to eliminate funding for public television and radio like PBS and NPR.
- Low-income families who qualify for the SNAP program receive a EBT card which they can use to purchase food for their family. Republicans want to change this, and instead send the families a package of "food"
heavily processed for longer-shelf life. So, instead of parents being able to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, they will receive canned vegetables. Instead of whole grains, they will get
boxed cereal. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, the president who eats
cheeseburgers in bed is now telling people what they should be eating.
- We're living in a time when even a city police department spends $1,400,000 to closely monitor the
social media of its citizens.
Part of rapid evolution means coming up with some really amazing superpowers.
Remember police officer Stephan Mader who used de-escalation tactics on a gun-wielding man who was begging the police to to kill him? While Mader was trying to talk the man into putting down his gun, a fellow
officer showed up and shot the man to death, only to find Mader was right, the man's gun was unloaded. But the Weirton, West Virginia police fired Mader for not immediately killing the man like his trigger-happy
fellow officer. Well, Mader won his lawsuit, and the city has wasted $175,000 in
taxes to pay Mader for damages in addition to all the rest of the money they wasted in the lawsuit.
Using dice to generate a random password.
What life would be like if we let religious people publicly discriminate.
Some pretty awesome video game themed Japanese wood block art.
|Babies are officially two months old as of yesterday.|
I finished reading Flowers For Algernon, added more maps and boxes to the
Kirby's Dream Land page, and added more maps, manuals, ads, and art to the
Guerrilla War page.
- The Trump administration isn't even trying to to stop Russians from hacking US elections.
- For months, the White House knowingly protected Bob Porter, a man who beat his wives.
- As expected, Trump blocked the release of the Democrat memo which refutes all the lies in
the Nunes memo. Trump claims the Republican memo proves his innocence and incriminates the FBI, it does neither.
- According to court documents, some of the police hired to protect protesting Nazis and white supremacists were actively rounding up and arresting counter-protesters because the cops were
sympathetic to the Nazis.
- Jeff Sessions is so anti-drug that he doesn't think people suffering from chronic pain should be allowed to take anything
stronger than aspirin.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a government organization meant to protect consumers from companies that try to take advantage of them. Well, it used to be. Trump appointee, Republican Mick Mulvaney,
is doing everything he can to prevent the bureau from actually protecting Americans.
The science behind fire and gunpowder.
During the second world war, the US government tested mustard gas on US soldiers, didn't give them proper medical care, and forbade them to tell doctors what had been done to them. They tested especially on
black and Asian soldiers.
How to return from a jump in machine code, even when you don't have a line return register or a stack.
Students at Georgian College in Ontario, Canada were probably re-thinking their tuitions after it came out that their school was preparing to offer a 3-year program in homeopathy. The school has wisely
scrapped the program, but the fact that they were even considering it is
disheartening. It would be like if they had a program in unicornology.
What's the deal with old people smell?
|Donald Trump is a shitlord.|
I added more maps, manuals, graphic sheets, and cover art to the Wolfenstein 3-D page.
- Trump had his rich daddy help him dodge the draft with a fake diagnosis of "bone spurs," but that won't stop him from wasting millions pretending the US
military are his toy soldiers. Like most pathetic dictators, Trump wants a military parade in his honor to show the world just how
unstable the US has become. And his embarrassing military posturing is only going to increase tensions with North Korea, so let's just remind ourselves just
how many people would die if we went to war.
- More Republicans come out to disavow the Republican memo as bullshit.
- Rodrigo Duterte, the President of the Philippines, and hero of Donald Trump because he enjoys personally murdering people who take recreational drugs, is finally going to be investigate by an
international criminal court.
- Republicans have been pretty successful at exorcising from this history books, every mistake our government has ever made, but it's important to remember that a large part of our nation's history, even the stuff
that survives to this day, is extremely racist.
The awesomeness of cobalt.
Can dogs smell fear? Not exactly, but they can smell a chemical change in your scent that occurs when you're afraid.
An important figure in black history is John Robinson.
Why are tax payers so eager to dump billions on sports arenas? Because the owners tell them it will be great for their local economy. Spoiler alert, they
Electroshock therapy never really went away, and is becoming more effective and safer than ever.
|Dictators gonna dick|
- One of the main points in the memo written by Devin Nunes was that the FBI used a Democratic-funded dossier to begin the investigation, but that argument is invalidated by the
very same evidence Nunes cited!
- I cast a lot of hate against Republicans because they pretty much always screw things up, like the $1,500,000,000,000 deficit they created in the national budget by cutting taxes on the wealthy and eliminating
programs to help the poor. But this time, the hate goes to both Republicans and Democrats for increasing our deficit further. The new bipartisan bill adds another $165,000,000,000 to our already over-funded
military while only $131,000,000,000 will be added to help the poor.
- When Trump said Democrats are guilty of treason, a crime for which execution is a possible punishment, he was only kidding, never mind that he also said
he never kids.
- Another one of Trump's White House staffers resigns in disgrace. Rob Porter who was in charge of censoring information that Trump can't handle has resigned after two of his ex-wives
accused him of beating them.
- Trump's aides are trying to convince him not to talk with Robert Mueller because they believe he will almost certainly incriminate himself.
Vitamin C can't cure a cold or any other disease, but why do so many people believe it can? Blame Linus Pauling.
New York police officers Eddie Martins and Richard Hall, both in their 30s, raped an 18-year-old girl in their police car, but they might not get a typical rape sentence because they claim that the girl
consented to sex, and, in New York and 35 other states, there is no law which prevents a cop from having sex with someone they've arrested
if they consent.
Why BMI is not a good indicator of health.
In the 1980s, Fernando Karadima, a Catholic priest, sexually abused Juan Carlos Cruz and several other children, but these crimes were covered up by fellow clergy member Juan Barros. When Cruz learned that Barros
had been promoted to a Bishop, Cruz couldn't stay silent any longer, and sent a letter to Pope Francis detailing the whole mess. Rather than turn Juan Barros over to the authorities, Pope Francis claimed he never
received the letter and publicly defended Bishop Juan Barros.
Do you find mosquitoes are more attracted to you than your friends? Blame your genes!
The amazing medicines that can be found in urine.
|I should not be allowed on the Internet|
I started a new series of parody graphics called Not Meant For Children's Books.
- Even several Republicans agree that the Nunes Memo doesn't vindicate Trump, but Fox News claims it proves all the deep state conspiracies
they made up.
- Trump is ignoring the Congressional sanctions against Russia because he's buddies with Vladamir Putin. This should frighten everyone because Putin is using the Russian military to
invade neighboring nations.
- Trump is really wearing on his sleeve his desire to be a military
- Staffers at the White House explain that Trump isn't interested in reading things that are as long as 10 pages.
- The Trump Administration is trying to put a cap on Medicaid use so that poor people who get sick with really expensive diseases will have their insurance
- Trump promised he would shrink the trade deficit with China, and to be sure of success, he put in charge his son-in-law who has no training in such matters. But, due to his incompetence, the trade deficit with
China has reached an all time high.
- Trump bragged about how wonderful the economy was doing, at the same time the stock market had the largest drop in history.
- Don Trump Jr. says Democrats are like Joe McCarthy all the while practicing McCarthyism.
Natalie Portman is still bad ass.
Where to birds go during hurricanes?
Good Christian Larry Alex Taunton, who fabricated a death-bed conversion story for Christopher Hitchens and believes that anyone who doesn't believe in his god is evil, has just resigned after it came out that
he was having sex with two of his ministry's younger staffers.
How scientists are able to accurately measure the age of the universe.
|Zebes isn't the nice place it used to be|
I added a page for Microsoft and downloads for the translated Metroid (Magazine Z) graphic novels.
- Four Republicans finally grew a pair and publicly stated that the Nunes memo in no way vindicates Trump. Too bad Jeff
Sessions has abandoned the Justice Department to the wolves rather than show backbone.
- Trump is pulling money out of the Basic Health Program, and, with no other programs available to them, he's going to
kill a lot of people.
- The point of the US census is to get an accurate picture of the number and ethnicity of everyone living in America, regardless of their immigration status, because you can't make good decisions if you don't have
all the facts, and you certainly can't make good decisions if you have distorted facts. Unfortunately, Republicans keep making an accurate census an unlikely prospect by defunding it and adding questions to scare
immigrants out of participating.
- Yes, under the direction of unelected Republican emergency managers, the Flint Water Plant infected 87 people with Legionnaires' disease, killing 12 people. Residents noticed the change immediately after they
switched water supplies, but the Republicans ignored their complaints and
continued to poison them.
- The Defense Logistics Agency, a company that the US government uses for military contracts has "lost" $800,000,000. And, by lost, you should probably read
- Wyoming has more wind power generation than any other state thanks to taking advantage of tax credits to replace fossil fuel energy production, but now their Republican Governor, Mary Fallin, not only wants to
eliminate the tax credit, but start charging the wind farms a fee!
A lot of American soil owes a great debt to African dust.
Captain Disillusion explains how to step over an invisible box.
Putting yet another satellite into already crowded low-earth orbit for no reason other than to remind people that we can put satellites into space is not an effective use of
time or money.
It's probably for the best that video games don't become realistic.
A biologist responds to claims regarding intelligent design.
|Nin! Ten! Do!|
I added a page for Nintendo.
- The anti-FBI memo concocted by admitted liar Republican Devin Nunes is not receiving a
very friendly welcome from the
community, or anyone who cares about reality.
- Remember when Equifax lost the private identification of 145,500,000 Americans to hackers so that they will, for the rest of
their lives, be vastly more likely to experience identity theft? Well, Trump appointee, Republican Mick Mulvaney, has just
canceled the investigation against them.
- Lou Anna Simon, president of MSU, resigned after it came out that Larry Nassar had been sexually assaulting hundreds of students under her watch. So, who replaced Simon as president of MSU? Former Michigan
Governor, Republican John Engler, a man with no aptitude for running a university, but who does have a history of refusing to let women who claimed they've been sexually assaulted
have their claims investigated.
- Trump's pick to lead the Council on Environmental Quality, Republican Kathleen Hartnett White, a woman who thinks carbon dioxide is the "gas of life," that slavery was ended in part because of the burning of
fossil fuels, and that renewable green energy is parasitic, has (thankfully)
had her nomination revoked.
- During the election campaign, the Trump administration was trying to cover the tracks of their Russian collusion, now they're doing it
right out in the open.
- Illinois Republicans are set to elect a Holocaust denying white supremacist
to their congress.
- The School of Choice program promoted by Mike Pence and Betsy DeVose not only churns out less-educated children, but it costs tax payers more, and most of their money goes to
- Trump saw a National Health Service protest occurring in the UK, and claimed the people were angry about NHS and wanting it scrapped. In reality, the NHS is the best-rated health care system in the world, and
the people were protesting because they wanted even more
funding put into it.
- People with conservative political views are more likely to believe lies,
- Grady Judd, a sheriff in Florida wants immigrants to know, he isn't going to seek them out for deportation
unless they're not religious.
Teachers are still assaulting children for refusing to show deference to
a jingoist prayer.
The drinking bird is not a perpetual motion machine, but it is a marvel of engineering and physics.
Teaching the evolution of the eye, by building a digital camera.
So-called "bad girls" are more likely to say no to sex compared to "good girls."
|You are the perfect slug!|
I made a graphic of variations on Trent Reznor's song, Perfect Drug and added pages for
GW-BASIC and QuickBASIC.
Forced arbitration is great if you're a company, but terrible if you're a person, especially if you're a minority.
Rather than provide evidence that they took the Holocaust seriously or apologize for not taking it seriously enough, Poland has passed a law where claiming the country didn't do enough to prevent the Holocaust is
now a criminal offense.
Benjamin Lawrence Petty is a good Christian man who worked at a Falls Creek Christian camp that claims to only hire good moral Christians. While there, he violently raped a 13-year-old girl and even plead guilty
to the crime, but he will not be going to prison.
Why do domesticated animals often have floppy ears?
The history of speed-running The Legend of Zelda.
If you defense of Islam hypocritical compared to your defense against other ideas?
|Things and stuff|
I added a page for TicTactics.
- In addition to having the most corrupt presidency in history, and the most dishonest, Trump's administration adds another superlative by having the worst turn-over rate. The latest job lost is Brenda
Fitzgerald's who resigned after Trump appointed her head of the CDC after it came out that, despite running an organization that's supposed to tackle problems of disease and addiction, Fitzgerald has been
profiting from tobacco companies.
- The State of the Union was just a long series of lies, stupidity, and
tyranny. Even after it was over, Trump added another lie claiming it was the
most watched State of the Union in history. It
- Pretty much everything Trump says about climate change is a lie.
If you missed the super blue blood moon, here are some photos.
San Francisco is doing something I hope will catch on, they're removing marijuana possession convictions from people's
Poor sanitation in the White House is probably responsible for the death of at least two presidents.
Having church elders tell you not to masturbate is really creepy.
Some of the lies employed by the Christian proponents of intelligent design.
Want to go further back? Check the old news.