Freaks and Geeks
|Why does he still exist?|
The semi-live-action Beauty and the Beast movie isn't that good.
- One of Obama's claims to fame was a push toward environmental stability. Granted, it was nowhere near strong enough to prevent the oncoming catastrophe of climate change, but at least it was a step in
the right direction. Well, Trump is going to ruin everything that
Obama worked so hard to achieve, even to the point of
eliminating government climate data.
- Republicans are expected to eliminate any Internet privacy that you might have expected.
- Reader Neo pointed out an important fact. The 33 Republicans who opposed Trumpcare didn't hate the bill because it would ruin people's health care, but because it wasn't going to
ruin people's health care enough! The self-proclaimed "Freedom Caucus" has a mission,
end government safety nets, no exceptions (unless you're rich). This isn't a surprise when you
consider the Republican wish list.
- Ayn Rand was a pro-choice atheist who hated caring for the less fortunate. Naturally, she is the Republican Party's unofficial spokeswomen.
- The cost of the Trump family's vacations could fund several of the programs he's trying to cut.
- What happens when Trump's campaign is converted into Dungeons and Dragons terminology?
- Bill O'Reilly proves that he can be racist and sexist at
the same time.
- A judge just ruled unconstitutional the law passed by Louisiana Republicans which prevented people from
- Obama created an executive order which prevented government contractors from cheating their workers out of wages and forced them to have safe working conditions. Trump just repealed this executive
order because he is pure shit.
Finally! A white terrorist is actually charged with terrorism!
Death may still be undesirable, but it's not so scary when you don't believe in an afterlife.
Mighty Morphin Power Ranger video games are really awful.
Usually, if you hear someone talking about "Millennials" you're listening to a bigot.
Bible historian Bart Ehrman explains several biblical contradictions.
|Weekend was good, politics are bad|
I added cat breeds, logic symbols, Spanish time words, and a third level to religious symbols to my Flash Cards site. I also resize the image to fit your browser.
- Well, it's official, Trumpcare has failed. Even when the
Republicans run everything, they still can't figure out how to make anything work. The
New York Times lists the 33 Republicans who refused to vote in favor of Trumpcare, which shows that
there are only 33 sane Republicans in Congress. One good thing to come out of all of
this, is that it shows just how callous and evil Republicans are.
- Donald Trump gave the Chancellor of Germany a
£300,000,000,000 invoice for US defense,
because he doesn't understand how NATO works.
- Trump lies all the time, and while many of his lies are childish (like how many people attend his speeches), some of them
are serious threats to the USA, like when the FBI explained that they are currently investigating Russian attacks on the stability of the US democratic process, Trump lied saying that the FBI told
congress there was no Russian hacking. The Trump presidency
isn't going to be remembered for a few lies, or even a lot of lies, it's going to be remembered as a time in American history
when truth died. Fox "News" continues to help Trump
with his lies, reporting that he's working when he's actually
on vacation... again. Trump may be
garbage, but at least there are still puppies.
- Vladimir Putin, like all modern dictators, is ruining his country. The more he tries to control the Russian people, the less likely other countries are willing to make deals with the country, and the
Russian ruble has been sinking like a stone. Eventually, the people will revolt, but this will only happen if major countries like the USA continue their sanctions. Unfortunately, Trump is a huge fan of
authoritarian dictators like Putin.
- In an effort to reduce Trump's corruption, Democrats have introduced a bill that will require the President to release information about who he speaks to even while on vacation (something Obama
willing did, but Trump refuses to do), and they're humorously naming it after the place Trump goes
to waste millions.
- A military strike in Iraq killed around 200 civilians, and it appears to have been executed by the
US. Not that this is a shock, it's precisely what Trump said he would
- The government, because it serves all Americans, is supposed to be neutral on matters of religion and business. The Trump campaign is not neutral on either, preferring
Christianity over all other religions, and certainly preferring
Trump businesses over all others.
- You want to feel bad for the people who voted for Trump even though their family members are illegal immigrants and they're now being deported. After all, they really are losing an important part of
their lives, and it's going to cause some serious repercussions, but then again, it's hard to feel bad about people who brag about how great of a shot they are just before
shooting themselves in the foot.
- If Trump kills NPR, many rural cities will lose their only source for local news.
- Trump gave his daughter security clearance even though there is no possible reason she should have it, and now he's giving a serious raise in power to his
son-in-law. You know, the one who is being questioned about his involvement with Russia.
I'll bet you didn't even know that United Airlines has a dress code for female guest passengers and may force women to change out of their tights and
into a dress.
The strange history of make-up.
Another white terrorist.
Watched the live-action Beauty and the Beast movie over the weekend. Meh. Lindsey Sterling does it better.
Postmortem of Star Control.
Paleontology also disproves Noah's flood.
|Weekend is welcomed|
- Trump thinks he is a great negotiator with the best deals, but even when Republicans controlling the House, Senate, White House, and majority of Governors, he's still
failing to get Trumpcare passed! Maybe if they used a
- Mike Pence is proud of the fact that the future of American health care is being decided by a room full of
rich old Christian white men.
- The hated Keystone XL oil pipeline is officially back on track to ruin the drinking water of Native
- Trump's terrorism "expert" has a fake degree and Nazi sympathies.
- With all the lies and bullshit coming out of Trump's mouth, we barely have time to hear the
rest of the news.
- Trump's budget sounds like a gay porn: Hard Power.
- The White House let Trump have a field day so he could pretend he was driving a big boy truck.
- Republican George Faught believes that if a girl is raped by her father and becomes pregnant, she shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion because
it was God's will.
- When it comes to the White House, it's not breaking news, it's breaking nonsense, which is about as believable
as this skit.
- Jeff Sessions continues his losing fight against weed.
- Trump just learned that Abraham Lincoln was Republican.
Some facts about Internet memes.
Yet another Christian lies that they will deliver a secular sex-education message, but when they're in front of public school students, it's all about
abstinence and their god.
Bart Erhman answers questions about the problems with the bible.
Remember Josh Duggar? The guy who sexually assaulted his younger sisters and cheated on his wife with hookers? His wife is pregnant with
child number five!
Why didn't old timey people smile in their photos? Because they didn't have teeth? No, probably because
photography was serious business.
The mayor of Carey, Ohio suggested doing away with prayers at council meetings because he didn't want to lose his taxpayer's money fighting the same lawsuit that so many towns have lost in the past.
After his suggestion, he decided to resign because he received many threats against his life. We must assume that these threats are coming from people who fancy themselves proper
How we might be able to save the local news.
|Your muff's cabbage!|
I beat Neutopia last night, my second TurboGrafx-16 game. I would have liked it more if I didn't know about The Legend of Zelda.
- Today we get to see just how good Republicans are at destroying health care for the
poor, sick, and elderly. Vox explains it quite succinctly: if you're a
millionaire, Trumpcare will give you $50,000 a year, but if you're poor,
you will lose $1,420. It's a shame that Republicans are
just now starting to warm up to the idea of Obamacare after stupidly voting to have it taken away from
- Republicans have shown contempt for the US Supreme Court for years now, and soon, all their obstructionism
will pay off. We learned that Trump's pick, Neil Gorsuch, even as he refused to
answer any questions of substance in his hearing, had one of his earlier rulings
overturned by the Supreme Court that he will
soon be on. The case was whether public schools should have to accommodate disabled students (Gorsuch doesn't think they should).
- The US military budget is far too large, and we wouldn't have any problems caring for the sick and
educating the poor if we could simply divert those funds.
- Are you the kind of person who enjoys shooting a mother bear in front of her cubs from a helicopter? Well good news, Republicans are
allowing that again!
- Republican Steve Curtis is one of those loudmouths who believed Trump's lie about massive voter fraud, and you already know where this is going, he's facing charges
for voter fraud.
- There is absolutely no reason to give Ivanka Trump security clearance.
- At least there are a few Republicans who recognize that the party chooses itself over the country and have the decency to
- The Wall Street Journal (of all places) brings up an important point, Trump has proven himself to be so dishonest that he could go on television and claim a foreign power was attacking the country,
and a large population of the world wouldn't believe him.
- Allowing Republicans to be involved in the Russian investigation is like trusting a fox to guard your hen house. Time and time again, they've proved they value party over country, and they did so
again when Devin Nunes, the head of the Republican side of the investigation shared his findings with Trump, but
not his fellow investigators.
Wearing glasses will not ruin your eye sight, that's just a myth.
As your science education level increases, your views tend to align with the experts of the field. For example, a layman may disagree with evolution, but those who take biology classes in college and
are exposed to the evidence of the theory tend to comprehension and accept it. However, there is an interesting outlier to be found with how Republicans accept climate change. A recent Pew Forum poll
showed that, regardless of how much science education they have, few Republicans accept climate change. At first, this made me wonder, perhaps Republicans know something about climate change that I don't,
but after reviewing the results in more detail, I no longer think is the case. The data show that, regardless how much they understand science, the more a person identifies as a Republican, the more
contempt they have for science in general, especially climate science. Also, the poll gauged a person's science education level with general science questions in the fields of biology and physics, not a
person's understanding of climate science. It looks as though the Republican denial of climate change comes a general hatred of any science that
disagrees with preconceived beliefs.
Crash Course Philosophy teaches you about language and meaning, the implications behind
words, and how they cause harm.
I've seen hundreds of Christian vanity plates in my years of driving, so why does it take a lawsuit for a non-religious person
to get their vanity plate?
A postmortem on Populous.
|Apparently, -that- dumb.|
- The FBI is disagreeing with pretty much everything Trump has said, yet Trump lies about the FBI while the FBI are
calling out his lies! The most interesting thing is that Trump Tower was wire tapped back in 2013, but it wasn't at the request of Obama, it was
by the FBI, because there was a Russian mafia boss staying there. But, these willingly-ignorant Fox News
watching mothers don't care about Russia's involvement in Trump's victory, so you shouldn't
- Trump may have promised those coal miners they would get their jobs back, but the reality is, coal plants are closing
despite Trump's lies, and they should die
off because they are inefficient compared to better, cleaner, and safer technologies.
- Republicans really are trying to ruin life for everyone who isn't rich, and for good reason, Trump has threatened any politician who doesn't
try to push through his
- Remember when Republicans held hearings on access to birth control and everyone involved was male? We
all mocked them at how sexist and backward they were. Well, Trump's Republican's are still just as bigoted and thoughtless. Each year, the US holds the African Global Economic Development summit to
discuss the growth of African businesses, but nobody from Africa could actually make it because Trump
denied all their visas.
- Trump's head of the State Department, Rex Tillerson, who used an alias to talk about the effects of climate change on his company so he could continue to claim he didn't believe in it, will not be
attending a key NATO summit because he'll be in Russia. Maybe it's because NATO is now
claiming that Russia is involved in the politics of more than just the USA?
- At least a little good news comes out, the US Supreme Court just ruled that law enforcement cannot search your cellphone
without a warrant.
- Not that I'm surprised, but the US government is no longer involved in the Human Rights
Texas Justice of the Peace Wayne Mack starts his court sessions with a bible reading and a prayer and tells anyone who may be offended by this, including the people who are at his mercy, that they
should leave the court if they are offended, but their wanton heathenism will definitely not change his ruling on them. Yeah right! He was encouraged to stop using a government institution to discriminate
against people that don't believe in his version of a god, but he refused. Now he's facing a lawsuit where
he doesn't get to be the judge.
Fixing some quibbles with a recent evolution video.
Microsoft unleashed a strong marketing campaign about the quality of their new Edge browser being ultra fast and ultra secure, but it was the most-hacked browser at a 2017 hacking contest where
five exploits were discovered.
Twenty lessons learned after 20 years of Magic.
Cosmic Skeptic does a Q&A after reaching 80,000 subscribers.
|How dumb can you get?|
- Trump's budget is going to ruin the US economy.
- Trump's approval rating has dipped to it's lowest number
yet, which makes me wonder, what did you think would happen? You voted for a human parasite.
- The US has been investigating Russia's interference with the US election since July of 2016, and are
still investigating it, including another one of Trump's cronies,
- Trump won't bother going to security meetings prepared by the CIA or FBI, but he will give his daughter
security clearance. Just one more person to do his job for him so he can play more
million dollar rounds of golf.
- Congress costs Americans about $2,000,000 each year just in the cost
- Neil Gorsuch, the man Trump nominated to fill the vacancy in the US Supreme Court, claimed that many women manipulate companies for maternity leave, hiring in shortly before or after becoming
pregnant, waiting until their maternity leave is complete, then quitting. He wasn't able to provide evidence for this practice, but he still suggests that companies should demand to know from their
female applicants if they're pregnant or thinking or becoming pregnant, so they can
refuse to hire them.
- I have a hard time believing that Republicans are too stupid to understand climate change. Instead, they're lying that it doesn't exist because they think protecting the environment will hurt their
profits. Of course, if everyone shared the burden equally and worked toward a greener business model, we would promote business growth, create jobs, and raise income all at once. But Republicans are
usually too short-sighted to worry about that stuff. And, if you want a reminder of the reality of climate change, take a look at National Geographic's
before and after pictures of glaciers.
- What happens when you spend all of your time worrying about terrorism.
- Tennessee Christians already convinced the state government to create special Christian license plates, but that's not enough. Now, Republicans are trying to
force all drivers to use Christian license
Be careful if you think probability can prove the existence of your god, because that means there's an even higher probability that
some other god exists.
US courts continue to set dangerous precedences favoring trigger-happy police officers over innocent civilians. Police can now shoot you dead in your own home, and, even if you're completely innocent,
your family can no longer sue them for wrongful death. Andrew Scott was slain after Florida Deputy Richard Sylvester and three other police officers shot him several times after police confused him with a
criminal they were pursuing. This is just another reminder
that the police should never be trusted. Unless you need their help, never open your door to the police, never talk to the police, never let the police on your property.
Ninteen-year-old Shana Grice called the police on her ex-boyfriend (29-year-old Michael Lane) who had been stalking her and her new boyfriend. According to Grice her ex was following her around making
unwanted phone calls, and leaving disparaging notes to her new boyfriend. Police investigated, but because her ex was able to show them text messages where Grice seemed to be sending mixed signals, the
police not only dismissed her allegations, but fined her for wasting their time. A couple months later,
Shana Grice was murdered.
Christians still physically and emotionally abuse children in cruel ways.
Postmortem of Marble Madness.
Racists continue to be emboldened by Trump even risking their jobs as waiters and
refusing to serve non-US residents.
|Time to go poison the pigeons in the park!|
We had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day party, and today is the first day of spring!
- Remember when Trump mocked Obama for taking vacation (Obama actually took very little vacation time) and said if he were president he'd be so busy working hard for the American public that he
wouldn't have time to take vacation? Well, Trump was lying. Not only has he taken more
vacations than probably any other president in history, he's also costing the American tax payer more
than any president in history. In fact, if he would just stop taking so many vacations, we'd be able to keep the
National Endowment For the Arts and
Meals on Wheels, which gives you an idea just how minuscule his budget cuts
are to things that matter. TLDR:
Trump's budget is terrible.
- While trying to defend their evidence-free accusation that Obama wiretapped Trump, the White House
blamed British Intelligence. Now, they're
had to apologize after they couldn't find any evidence
that the UK spied on Trump at Obama's request. But where did the lie about the UK being involved come from? Fox
- Republicans defend Trumpcare by saying healthy people should have to pay for sick people, but that's precisely how health insurance works.
- Trump complained the political leaders of our nation are incompetent, and he was finally proved correct
the day he took
- Having a hard time paying back your student loans? It's about to get harder. The man who uses bankruptcy to get out of paying his own debts wants to make sure
you can't do the same.
- While he was on the campaign trail, his supporters loved the fact that Trump said horrible things about racial minorities, women, and non-Christians, and while I don't expect him to change his
rhetoric, he's finally realizing that his words are hurting him, and he can't
fire the American people.
- Protesting is very important, but if it doesn't convince Liberals to vote, it doesn't do a damn bit of good.
- Trump embarrassed the US at his meeting with the German Prime Minister, but even more
afterward, claiming Germany owed NATO and the US vast sums of money for military protection. The German Defense Minister had to teach Trump how NATO handles defense,
because he doesn't know.
- Why is it important that governments don't have access to your private data, because democracies are sometimes replaced by totalitarian regimes, and the new government will want to
use the surveillance to
- Christian Republican Ken Paxton, Attorney General of Texas, has spent his career promoting religion, but now that Islam is raising, he's suddenly injured by
prayer in school.
- Racist fascists are becoming more vocal all over the world.
The US has long since lost the drug war, but our bloated military budget has put military-grade equipment in the hands of local police who are trained in a military style to deal with ordinary
citizens. SWAT teams are bursting into homes, destroying property, shooting dogs, burning children, and often killing innocent people
without any consequences. Fun!
Want to learn about non-coding DNA?
Aron Ra calls one of those Christian TRUTH billboards and finds that they're not too interested in the truth.
Postmortem on Oregon Trail.
How can someone who is a Christian support the Muslim ban?
|Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems|
On this St. Patrick's Day, remember, if you don't get drunk to celebrate a Catholic saint, you're making baby Jesus cry.
- So here's the breakdown of Trump's tax plan. Big cuts in medical
research, climate change research,
feeding the helpless,
and helping the poor, so that we can focus on what's important,
more war machines.
- For reasons of national security, the CIA does not verify hacking claims. That way, even if someone does successfully hack the CIA and releases top secret information, people can't be sure the data is
really the CIA's data, or just someone pretending it's the CIA's data. Then Trump comes along and blurts out, yes the CIA was successfully hacked, meaning all the top secret information on WikiLeaks
- While working under Trump, Michael Flynn was paid by several Russian groups, including the Russian government, a total of
- Trump's second Muslim ban was also ruled unconstitutional.
- The new Republican defense is the "deep state," Democrats that are hiding in the Trump administration to oppose him. Too bad it was Trump's job to replace them, but he and his staff was
too stupid to know that.
- When everything Trump says is a lie or "a joke," then you can't trust anything he says.
- Texans are receiving letters from the US government being told they are going to have their land taken away from them so that Trump can
have his wall.
- Trump's lie about wire tapping has officially turned up no evidence, but probably cost millions of taxpayer dollars. Trump defended his
wasteful lie with the solid argument that he had been,
"reading about things."
- Republicans are pushing forward with the bill to allow mentally
unstable people to have guns.
- With Trump and Paul Ryan trying to eliminate health care for the poorest and sickest Americans, it makes you wonder, what kind of
Christians are they?
- As anyone could predict, Ralph Shortey, a Republican who fought to keep transgendered people out of the proper bathroom because they might molest children, was caught in a hotel room with an underage
male teen after an online conversation where he offered the boy money in exchange for
"sexual stuff." Despite his crime,
other Republicans have refused to fire Shortey, so that he can continue to vote on future bills. Which kind of raises the question, what does a white guy have to do
to get fired?
- Stephen Colbert mocks Rex Tillerson and his climate change alter-ego Wayne Tracker.
Catholic priests are still raping children.
The struggles of creating Antichamber.
What it's like to create satire news in a totalitarian regime.
A dictionary writer explains what it means to define a word.
Flint just got $100,000,000 to fix the damage Republicans made to it. Thanks Obama!
|They love and share|
- Breitbart released a recording of Paul Ryan slamming Donald Trump prior to Trump becoming president, and nobody can really understand why. Are Republicans they trying to
sabotage their own party because of the vitriol against Trumpcare?
- Why can't Americans be more like the Dutch where 80% of the population votes, and they defeat the racist Nationalist party? Instead
practically nobody votes, and those who do elect a war monger.
- Trump's bigoted past keeps coming back to bite him in the ass. When he claims that his Muslim ban isn't a Muslim ban, judges can look at his past statements and see that he was talking about banning
Muslims specifically all through the election, so it doesn't mean much to now claim that it's a
generic travel ban.
- Had Trump's ridiculous tax plan been implemented in 2005, when he lost $103,200,000, he wouldn't have to pay
hardly any taxes at all. He's changing tax law specifically to help crooks like himself, which means even less money
for the government to operate. So less police, fire department, environmental protection, etc.
- Important instructions that will, hopefully, soon come in handy for impeaching the president.
- With all the leaks coming out of the White House, Republican paranoia is at an all time high.
- Trump continues with his plan to defund the EPA.
The beautiful grossness in the science of fruit flies.
Why only teaching your kids the good parts of religion will backfire.
Training your computer to compose music.
|Fight fight fight|
Finished re-reading Fantastic Mr. Fox. It basically encourages children to steal from ugly people.
- Remember when Trump said he wouldn't draw a salary if he became president? Well,
he lied, but worse yet, he's using his salary as a tax write-off, and just like the
$100,000,000 he lost in 2005, and wrote off, the cost goes to the American people! Well, at least he's earning that
- Remember when Trump said he wanted all Americans to be insured and wouldn't touch Medicaid?
- While trying to defend Trump's lie that Obama wire
tapped him, Kelleyanne Conway explains that your microwave is spying
- This headline says it all: Donald Trump White House Has No Integrity.
- Just a reminder that the Trump budget will
wreck the economy.
- Trump's Muslim ban is really keeping the American court system
busy. Too bad it's ruining American tourism.
- Steve King, the Republican who only wants the USA to produce white babies, is convinced there will be a race war in the near future between African Americans and Hispanics
after they overtake white people.
- As Trump continues to destroy public science, people are continuing to see science as a political institution.
- Trump's Defense Secretary, James Mattis, just said that
climate change is
a national security challenge. Will Trump fire him for his insolence, or keep him
in place, knowing that Mattis's opinions won't affect Republican legislation?
- Under Obama, it was mandatory to discuss the handling of public schools with teachers, principals, and student parents. Under Betsy DeVos, the handling of public schools doesn't need to be discussed
with anyone except politicians.
- Mike Pence is turning out to be just as dishonest as Trump, but he's more clever about his lies.
- When the US government allows the destruction of the environment, they should pay the price. Naturally, Trump is trying to get out of
- Republicans are hypocrites. They keep demanding religious freedom, but they always vote in favor of
religiously oppressive laws.
- Republican Pat McCrory is upset because he's having a hard time finding a job because
he's a well-known bigot.
Simone Giertz trains for a NASA mission by locking herself in her bathroom for a weekend.
Why it isn't always important to have your graph show zero.
When we suddenly see a new star in the sky.
Why cartoon characters often wear gloves.
|The Itchy and Scratch Show!|
Finished reading Freakonomics.
- Republicans complained all the time that we had Obamacare that it didn't cover every American, but Trumpcare is expected to cover
24 million fewer, particularly among those who
voted for Trump. Trumpcare is also expected to raise premiums for the elderly and
the poor by 750%. Pretty much every part of Trumpcare is a train wreck.
- Republicans in New Hampshire voted to NOT raise the legal age for girls to marry from 13 to 18, probably because they're hoping to land a
13-year-old bride themselves.
- US Border Control, the ultimate racists. At least some Democrat politicians are
- Boy, did Trump sure show us!
- Paul Manafort, Trump's original campaign manager who resigned after it was discovered that he received $12,000,000 from Russia, is being accused of having a part in the Ukrainian genocide
by his own daughter.
- Roger E. Ailes, former-CEO of Fox News has been accused of sexually harassing several women at the network. An investigation has been under way for awhile now, but it hit a roadblock when Trump became
president. Trump originally kept Obama's investigating attorney Preet Bharara, but recently fired him (probably when it became clear he couldn't be bought). Trump is no doubt trying to find someone to
throw out the case, but unfortunately for him, everyone he knows is also in bed with Fox News and would have to recuse himself. Thus, the case
- What would it take to build Trump's wall?
- If you're receiving praise from a member of the KKK, you're doing something
- SNL has Al Fraken question Jeff Sessions about his racism and corruption.
- Stephen Colbert does a recap of the previous week of the Trump administration.
Facebook decided to, at least a little, stop feeding your personal information
to the police.
Why atheism is not a disease, the bible is not a historical account, and the moral
argument is not valid.
Alabama has a long history of continuing to hate minorities long after it stopped being fashionable, and this often backfires on them. Like, when they refused to screen Disney's new Beauty and the
Beast film because it has a gay character and instead screened a
documentary about drag queens.
People are still arguing that it is religious freedom for a Rabbi to
suck the penis of infant boys.
Samuel L. Jackson's entire film career montage.
|Another Monday the 13th!|
- Many Americans refer to their country as the "land of the opportunity" and claim a strong "Judeo-Christian heritage," but let us not forget that in 1939, almost 1,000 Jewish refugees escaped
persecution from Nazi Germany only to find an American that refused to accept them (largely due to Cordell Hull, a man who called himself a Christian). Their ship had to return to Europe where many of the
Jewish refugees ended up dying in the
Holocaust. This was a black mark for America, proof that we were xenophobic and selfish. You'd think we'd have learned from our mistakes, but here we are again, refusing to let Muslim refugees
enter the country, demanding they go back to where they came, a war-torn wasteland where
they will most likely be killed. This is especially infuriating when the data show that most terrorists in America are white
- The Republicans who, after seven years of trying, finally ruined the Affordable Care Act by turning it into
Trumpcare, don't want people calling it Trumpcare. And Trump voters continue to fear the
loss of their health care.
- Republican Steve King is a white supremacist.
- Republican Roger Marshall explains, "[poor people] just don't want health care and aren't going to take care of
- Trump quotes fit surprisingly well with sexist advertisements from
- In Trump's America, the KKK is
out in the open.
- Steven Bannon's seedy past, and possible voter fraud, is
- Trump still holds to his claim that Obama wiretapped Trump tower, but he still can't provide a
shred of evidence.
- New damning information continues to come out about Mike Flynn.
- Is this the most corrupt White House in history?
Red light cameras are just another way for the government to rob the people all the while claiming to help them.
I wish there were more political leaders like Sumi Kailasapathy who would rather face the people than
say a political prayer.
An interesting lecture about how emulation can be used to sell old games.
It's official, Windows 10 isn't an operating systems so much as a really complex advertisement.
God didn't do so well on his annual performance review.
|You would take the cherished people that I hold|
Going to see Eisley play tonight.
I added a solar system objects set to my flash cards program.
- Russia has violated a nuclear arms treaty with NATO, but will Trump do anything to
stop his best buddies?
- There are several greenhouse gases: carbon dioxide, water vapor, methane, etc. Greenhouse gases are so called because they're able to absorb
heat from sunlight causing the ambient temperature to increase, as in a greenhouse. These differ from non-greenhouse gases like argon and helium which do not absorb heat from sunlight. As you might
expect, as the level of greenhouse gases increase, so too does the temperature. We're dumping tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere all the time, so the average temperature of the planet is
continuing to rise in step. Scientists have been studying carbon dioxide and its greenhouse properties for centuries, so we can calculate the raise quite accurately and the data bear this out.
Unfortunately, Trump's pick for the head of the EPA is either ignorant of science, or is purposely lying to make money, because he is claiming that carbon dioxide is
not an important factor in climate change.
- Trumpcare is just Obamacare with a higher price tag and less coverage. But Republicans don't want us calling Trumpcare,
Trumpcare. And it's funny to hear Republican's bragging about how
small their bill is. Why are they always so concerned about heir size? And should we really believe them when they claim that didn't know that it
contained a massive tax break for the extremely
wealthy? And why do Republicans have such a hateful view
of the less-fortunate?
- Republicans are hypocrites. They claim to be about small government and privacy, yet they work hard to ensure that your private lives can be sold to corporations
without your permission. They also claim to be all about ethics, but they don't
think ethics should apply to them.
- And this is why the government shouldn't be advertising for businesses or
running their own.
- Republican John Shimkus, a good Christian man, doesn't think that men should be expected to pay for women's
prenatal care. I guess,
in his bible, Jesus said, "to hell with the
- Ben Carson doesn't understand the difference between a slave and an immigrant, but even more frightening, doesn't understand
how the brain works.
- It's sad to see CPAC being housed in the same hotel that houses MAGFest.
- Trump having the capacity to control himself for one hour is not a good enough reason to forget all the bullshit he has said in the past, or certainly will
say in the future.
- Trump really does know how to pick 'em.
A postmortem on Maniac Mansion.
The bad news is, white Evangelicals have convinced themselves that they are the most persecuted group in America, the good news is,
nobody else believes them. Likewise, Republicans
think white people are more persecuted than homosexuals and immigrants, and far more persecuted than black people
Dan Barker lectures about the purpose of his book, Losing Faith In Faith.
As the transgendered demand for their freedom, a lot of bigots are beating them to death.
Carol Tavris talks about her book, Mistakes Were Made, but Not By Me.
|The world is on fire|
Added dog breeds to my flash cards program.
- When compared to the Affordable Care Act, the new Republican health care plan is an all-around disaster. It will eliminate health care for
millions of Americans, especially women,
cost more, and cover less.
Despite these facts, Republicans, who lack a sense of irony, are calling their
tax break for the wealthy insurance plan the
"World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017." However,
most medical groups are against the new plan because of its many shortfalls, including: the AHA, the AAMC, the CHAUS, the CHA, the AARP, the American Nurses Association, and the
American Medical Association. However, there are a few ultra-Conservatives who say the plan
doesn't go far enough because they would prefer poor people go back to dying.
In what has become a sad twisted reality, the people who were most likely to vote for Trump (i.e., poor Southerners), are also the ones who are
most likely to rely on Obamacare.
- The Trump dossier, which was compiled by a British Intelligence agent and suggests that Trump has been compromised by the Russians, continues to be
- Just a reminder, the US spends -way- too much on its military.
- It's a sad time for our country when schools have to hold seminars to teach Americans their rights when being harassed by
- FBI director James Comey, who used his governmental position to help Trump win the election, says that no American should ever expect to have
privacy from the government.
- Some more jokes about Trump's unfounded accusations that Obama tapped his phones.
- Jeff Sessions admitted he lied about the Russians, but now it turns out he may have even
lied in his admission!
A postmortem of Zork.
Want another reason to avoid Windows 10 outside of the hideous interface? How about its mandatory
Megan Phelps talks about what it was like to grow up in, and finally leave, the Westboro Baptist Church. And a Jehovah's Witness explains why
he almost let himself die because his religion told him he can't have a blood transfusion.
Samantha Bee talks about her awesome show, Full Frontal.
|Life is like a box of chocolate. Republicans are like a box of rapists.|
I finished reading The War of Worlds.
- If you're wondering where your female coworkers are today, they're just trying to get equal rights.
No big deal.
- The Republican health careless plan, which has been panned by the AARP, actually encourages health care
companies to increase the salary of their billionaire CEOs. This is what happens when you think the
length of the law is more important than the content of the law. The plan is expected to cost enrollees about
$1,542 more each year for less coverage than Obamacare. While trying to defend this
increase, Republican Jason Chaffetz revealed just how out of touch he is and told Americans they need to choose between health care and an iPhone, Americans reminded him that hospital bills cost tens,
sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars. One group actually calculated the average cost of medical
bill using iPhones instead of dollars. A twisted knee costs about 24 iPhones, but a single round of chemo therapy to treat cancer could easily run you
- Trump's evidence-free accusations about Obama wire tapping him are quite childish,
but also quite expensive.
- Republicans are still trying to let cable and phone companies sell your personal data
without your consent and take away a state's right to set
decent emission laws, just like Lincoln wanted.
- I think we all knew it would come to this, the White House is now
advertising for ExxonMobil.
- Most of Trump's inner circle has
had a lot of
Russia, and so does
- Trump has spent almost a third of his presidency at his
vacation home in Florida.
- A former NSA analyst is claiming that he has evidence that the White House is accepting Russian intelligence to crack down on
- Betsy DeVos pays money to start organizations where the boss thinks it's normal to
- Remember the Pakistani father of the US soldier who was killed in Iraq and spoke out against Trump's bigotry? Well, he's now
under review by the US government.
- Ben Carson calling slaves, "involuntary immigrants" wasn't the stupidest thing he said recently. He is a neurosurgeon who believes the brain is a
- Republicans just removed "science" from the description of the EPA's Office of Science and
- School vouchers are a way for your tax dollars to go to religions or corporations
you don't agree with.
- In case there was any doubt, here are several pictures of Trump's crowd size compared to Obama's
across the span of the day.
Our brains don't like having to think.
Why the Wingding's font was created.
Much like Sharia Muslims, Boylan Catholic High School in Rockford, Illinois has implemented modesty rules for school dances. And much like Sharia laws, the rules for boys are simple, essentially a
single sentence: wear a suit or tuxedo, while the girl's dress code is several pages including multiple example examples of dos-and-don'ts. They even say that the same acceptable dress on one girl may be
inappropriate on another.
A quick and easy-to-understand video that explains the evidence for evolution.
A postmortem on Lucasfilm Games.
|Still need to overthrow the government|
I added a couple new categories to the flash card project.
- The Republican plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act is nearly ready, and, unless you're a rich male,
it will ruin your life. The insurance mandate is gone (the mandate was the only
reason insurance providers approved the removal of pre-existing conditions and inability to drop sick patients, so those will come back). Subsidies have switched from income-based to age-based, so if
you're poor, young, and sick, you will now receive less help than someone who is rich, old, and healthy. Medicaid, which helps low-income families, will no longer be expanded. Women's health care options
will be massively decreased by the cutting of all funding to the largest provider of women's health care, even private insurers will be prevented from being able to cover abortions (even when no Federal
money is used), and maternity benefits have been removed. This is what happens when you vote for a party that is
proud to watch people die. Our only hope is that federal judges rule the plan unconstitutional in
the impending lawsuit against the plan. Just don't succumb to your untreated illnesses before then.
- Safe working conditions may help workers, but they cost money to corporations, and since Trump cares more about corporations than people, he's repealing the
requirement for safe working
- Trump's new Muslim ban is slightly less unconstitutional. It still block people from majority-Muslim countries, but now it people from Iraq, doesn't ban people with valid visas, and removed the
wording which gave preferential treatment to Christians (though, I'm sure they will still get it).
- Lying about Russian connections is what Jeff Sessions does best.
- Trump doesn't seem to realize that it was the Republicans who were responsible for Watergate.
- Republicans continue to try and ban pornography, even after several Republican-led investigations showed that it
does not harm mental health.
- Ben Carson refers to African slaves as, "involuntary immigrants."
China continues to try to conquer Buddhism.
The Catholic League's Bill Donohue takes a page out of Trump's book and calls the mass children's grave in Ireland
A postmortem for Portal 2.
How horrifying, a group of poachers broke into a French zoo and killed an endangered rhino
just to take its horn.
Great white sharks just don't do well in aquariums.
|America has still taken leave of its senses|
I went to a wonderful Women's March protest in Flint with Wallee.
Working on a new flash card project.
- The latest lie to come out of Trump is his insistence that Obama was wiretapping his phone just prior to the election, an allegation that is completely
devoid of any evidence, a claim even the FBI says
should be rejected.
- Despite all the protesting, the Keystone XL pipeline will be built thanks to direct intervention from Trump. And although Trump promised it would put a lot of Amercian steel workers back to work,
Keystone XL will be built with foreign steel.
- Mike Pence used an America Online email account to conduct state business including matters of homeland security. His email account
was hacked while he was in office, just before he started complaining
about Hillary Clinton's private email server. Will Republicans investigate or punishment Pence for the same crimes of Clinton? Of course not. Republicans don't care about justice or even the American
people, they only care about their party.
- To all those nature-loving hunters and fishers who also voted Republican, Trump is expected to cut
the following projects: the Puget Sound restoration project, the
Great Lakes cleanup, the Chesapeake
Bay restoration, the California coast cleanup, beach water testing across the country, diesel emission reduction, research on harmful chemicals in the air and water, children's environmental education,
and 34 other EPA projects.
- It's very unlikely that Jeff Sessions will resign, despite his involvement with Russia, but at least he says he will recuse himself from the
investigation that Republicans will never allow.
- Meet Kathy Watson, who has multiple health issues, and couldn't get insurance until Obamacare finally made it possible. She probably would be dead now without Obamacare, so, naturally,
she voted for Trump. Then, meet Timmy who is still alive because of Obamacare, and his parents are
- Republican John Bennett forces his Muslim constituents to take a quiz about wife beating and child molestation
before he will speak with them.
- Texas Republicans are trying to pass a law protecting doctors who want to lie to their patients if it helps
- Trump's father was arrested at a riot in 1927 between
Italian fascists and the KKK. There's not
really a correct side in that fight.
- During the Cold War people had to live under constant fear of two nuclear super powers with their fingers on the button. Thanks to Trump, we may soon wonder what it's going to be like with a
dozen nuclear super powers.
- Looks like US ICE agents used immigrants
for slave labor.
- Trump isn't the only person who can embarrass himself on Twitter, His long-time advisor also went on a Twitter rant making
horrible insults against women.
A postmortem for Alone In the Dark.
A old Catholic home for unwed mothers turns out to also be a mass-grave for
Humans are prone to forgetting and misremembering things from the past. There is nothing supernatural about that.
When a child dies of a treatable illness because the parents believe that medicine is demonic, sure, the parents should be held accountable, but so too should the preacher who didn't speak up or even
told the parents not to treat their
A simple run down of what atheism is and is not.
|Another week down|
- If your constituents are pissed off at your for not listening to them, it doesn't help to stop going to town hall meetings. And when they get
even more mad and start bombarding you office with phone calls, don't do what Republican Ron Johnson did and issue a restraining order
against your constituents or what Republican Mike Bost did and
use racial slurs.
- While Mike Pence was Governor of Indiana, he used an AOL email account to conduct official State business, and it got hacked. Kind of funny that this was when he was crying about Clinton's email
server getting hacked. And it looks like Trump's EPA pick, Scott
Pruitt had his own personal email account which he used for government business,
and then lied
- Trump's massive tax cuts for the extremely wealthy are causing a huge shortfall in the US government. In order to make ends meet, Trump is cutting those unimportant programs like
the environment and
education. These cuts don't even make up for the loss of tax revenue, let alone
Trump's massive military increase. Yet another self-proclaimed fiscally conservative Republican will ruin the economy.
- Trump's team continues to lie to reporters about their connections with
Russia, but more ties keep surfacing, like Trump's son, Donald, Jr., who met with a pro-Russia group in Paris just
three weeks before the election, and
Jeff Sessions who used Republican campaign funds to
meet with the Russian Ambassador, as well as two other
- If you're a racist bigot, pretty much anything you do will look "more presidential," it just makes you a
- If you are a Trump supporter, you better not be a Christian.
- Turns out, Jeff Sessions didn't even bother to read the accusations of police abuse and just
ignorantly dismissed them. But he did finally
realize that his massive involvement in the 2016 election means that he has to
himself from any investigation that may take place (if there ever is one).
- For years, Americans were allowed to travel around Europe with only their passport, without needing a visa, but thanks to Trump, those days have ended. Because Trump is refusing to honor the same
travel allowances Europe affords Americans, now Europeans will deal out the same level of scrutiny
A nice postmortem of Pitfall!.
The important reason why the FDA banned antibacterial soap.
An interesting look at the font, Futura.
|You cowards and your wrathful god will see what power means when the Dragon comes, His will be done, in the fires you'll be cleaned|
- For the first, and I'm sure not the last, time, politicians are calling for Attorney General Jeff Sessions
to recuse himself from a Russian
inquiry due to his pre-election contact with a Russian officials. Sessions gave
testimony during his hearing that he had never discussed the 2016 election with Russian officials, but his own spokesperson admitted that Sessions talked with the Russian ambassador
on the campaign trail.
- On the topic of Jess Sessions, Republicans appointed a know racist, and they got one! His liberal use of the N-word aside, Sessions just dropped the case against Texas's
anti-minority voter laws and put a stop to the
federal investigations of those police departments where officers have a history racist complaints.
- There is a lot of circumstantial evidence both from US intelligence and foreign intelligence that ties Trump and his cronies to Russia, and while it would be wonderful to know the full depth of
Russia's involvement in Trump's election, Republican's refuse to ever investigate their own crimes. The little we do know is thanks to the fact that the Obama Administration actually took the Russian
threat seriously, and kept detailed records.
- Trump's speech was not "presidential" it was
dictatorial, and the major points
were all lies.
- The sad state of the State Department under Trump.
- It makes my black-little heart proud to see protesting so effective that it keeps oppressive assholes like Marco Rubio
out of his offices.
- US Border Security detained an Afghani man for five hours badgering him about his "tribal chief." The man
is a doctor. A Nigerian software developer was detained and Customs demanded that he prove his
skills by answering several tech questions like how to optimize a binary tree and describing why you need abstract classes. According to the developer, the quiz was clearly created by someone who didn't
know anything about computer science, and the Customs official who administered it knew even less. And, even after supposedly failing the quiz, Customs let the man
enter the country.
- White House staffers are leaking so many embarrassing stories about Trump that they've decided to take action. No, they're not going to clean up their act, they're going to violate their staffer's
privacy by performing random cell phone checks.
- Trump's nuclear plan is basically to go back to the Cold War.
North Carolina is still sexist.
A wonderful postmortem on Prince of Persia.
Why don't women's sizes make sense? It's not just because of vanity sizing (which also exists in men's clothes), but because women's bodies are so varied, a simple waist and inseam system
wouldn't be very useful.
Flint, Michigan still doesn't have clean water after Republicans ruined the entire city's water system, a misstep that has cost the state over $40,000,000 to subsidize the poisoned water supply. But
even though the water still contains toxic amounts of lead, and even though Republican Governor Rick Synder promised he would keep helping until March 31st, he's decided to end the support prematurely.
Flint citizens are now expected to pay full price for their poisoned
|The dragon's on the rise|
- Trump's first Congressional speech
- The Trump administration's Russian connections run deep, but we may never know how deep, because Republicans
refuse to investigate them,
interfere with intelligence investigations, and
keep matters secret.
- Trump claimed that all these bomb threats against Jewish Americans are might actually be false-flag operations designed to
make people look bad! What Trump is too stupid to realize is that the only people who are made to
"look bad" by these terrorist threats are anti-Semites, which means Trump doesn't already think that anti-Semites look bad!
- Trump cited a study by the National Academy of Sciences to back up his belief that immigrants strain the economy they enter and lower wages, but the study actually shows that immigrants invigorate the
economy and do not lower wages. His
incompetence is probably why he's declared a military operation against Mexican immigrant, except that it's not a military operation.
- The additional amount of money that Trump is pouring into the US military, not the total, just the increase, is almost as large as Russia's
entire military budget. The rest of Trump's tax plan is
- Thankfully, the Republicans who were trying to criminalize peaceful protests
had their bill shot down. This is good news considering it's usually the
police who incite violence, not the protesters.
- Republican Governors are taking a lot of heat in town hall meetings what with the destruction of health care, and Republican's inability to
hold Trump accountable for the terrible things he does. This has led some Governors to just simply stop meeting
with the public.
- If Trump is the kind of man who blames the US military
for his botched Yemen raid, how do you think he's going to act if he starts a war?
- Trump keeps claiming that the New York Times is failing, even though they're seeing a massive boon in sales due to his dangerous policy decisions, and continues to praise racism rags like Breitbart,
which is now losing tons of money because they
keep losing advertisers.
- Trump decides to take water back to the good old days when rivers caught on fire and we
didn't have protections.
It's always heart-breaking when a man who identifies as a feminist is discovered to be abusing women. Self-proclaimed feminist Jamie Kilstein was
kicked off Citizen Radio for doing just that. I can relate to Kilstein because, I too have the hormones that make me want to
have sex with everything that moves, I too grew up with movies where manly men forcibly grab non-consenting women and kiss them to make them fall in love, and I too sometimes have a difficult time
squaring my new-found feminism with what I've been told is romantic or passionate. But I hope to do something that Kilstein has not done: admit that I have wronged women. I understand that the American
legal system punishes the truth, and that Kilstein may be keeping quite for fear of a lawsuit, but he should at least have the decency to say what I'm saying now, "To every woman whom I have hurt, I
sincerely apologize. It is wrong to make women feel pressured or frightened, and that is never my intention."
Adding lyrics to the music of Civilization.
A postmortem for the game Myst.
When you finally tell your adult son there is no god.
Why Hollywood has gotten better at depicting science in the movies.
|Break the seven seals, let the horsemen ride|
I finished reading Carrie Fisher's memoirs, Wishful Drinking. It was just okay.
- Trump's military strike in Yemen was an attempt to kill an al-Qaeda operative. The strike resulted in the loss of a $75,000,000 US aircraft, dozens of dead Yemenis civilians (including women and
children), and the death of a Navy SEAL, but the operation failed to kill the al-Qaeda operative or gain any
additional intelligence. In the face of so many failures, the White
House called the travesty a success. The father of the slain SEAL
refuses to speak with Trump and is demanding an investigation,
but Trump's people are trying to shut down any investigations because they claim understanding the
details of their failure would dishonor the dead.
- Trump is literally using phrases coined by dictators.
- Trump's latest pick for his cabinet is another person with deep financial
ties to Russia. At this point, even The Dubyah wants to investigate Trump's ties
- On average, women use health care more than men. This isn't because women are more fragile, but that their biology is intrinsically more complicated (what with being able to grow another human).
Because of this, whenever we talk about health coverage, it's extremely important to have a lot of women involved in the process... pan to Trump's
health care team. Well, at least Trump is finally realizing that maybe he should
have tried to understand even a little bit about health care before trying to destroy
- Crowds continue to protest Trump's Muslim ban... thanks Obama! And here's how the Arizona police
- Republicans had their chance to expose Trump's tax returns, but they just
voted against it.
- All of Trump's posturing about law and order only seems to apply
to white victims.
- Trump's racist friend said Paris isn't Paris
anymore (translation, it isn't white enough anymore). But France isn't detaining everyone from foreign countries and demanding they surrender the passwords to their private email and messages like the
USA. Just ask French historian and Holocaust scholar Henry Rousso, who, after being detained for 10 hours, said the US is
no longer quite the US.
- Betsy DeVos just praised Segregation-era Black colleges in
order to push her "School Choice" agenda. DeVos, did it ever occur to you that if the government fought oppression, people wouldn't need to start their own colleges?
Why do Americans keep giving awards to racist sexually violent men?
The Canadian parents who let their son slowly die a horrible death of diabetes because that's what Jesus would have wanted have been sentenced to
life in prison. Meanwhile, in the
USA, their are six states which legally protect parents who let their children die.
John R. K. Howard is a white teen in the almost entirely white neighborhood of Dietrich, Idaho where he's admire for his ability to play football. There is only one black family, and their
mentally-disabled son also played football alongside Howard. The black teen received a lot of racist bullying from Howard and other students, which culminated in them deciding to torture the teen. In
their locker room, one teammate shoved a coat hanger into the black teen's rectum and then Howard kicked it into the boy's body (which could have killed him). After a lengthy trial, it was determined that
racism did NOT play a part in the crime, because, as Howard's attorney explained, nobody thinks terms like fried chicken, watermelon, grape soda, lynching, and KKK songs are derogatory. There's
more to the story, but it ends with Howard being told his actions
were not racist and certainly not worthy of a jail sentence!
Getting pictures of beautiful animals before we cause their extinction.
|The wrath of the lamb, the martyrs cry|
Over the weekend, I finished reading "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!", saw "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" on stage with Wallee, Allen, and Emily (fantastic!), and wrote commentary for the Jehovah's
Witness kid's propaganda worksheet "Explaining Your Beliefs About Homosexuality."
- Just in case you weren't already frightened, Republicans in 17 states are trying to bypass the portion of the First Amendment that grants the right of
peaceful assembly, and their cancer seems to be
spreading to Canada.
- Vladamir Putin is tied to the murder of several journalists who wrote articles critical of him, and is pushing Russia deeper into the hole of an authoritarianism. However, since the Trump
administration closely tied to Putin, the dictator is now rising in approval ratings among American
- While white supremacist Steve Bannon maintains he will continue trying to
ruin American journalism, one of the Navy Seals who took down
Osama Bin Laden says this war on the press is a
threat to democracy.
Meanwhile, the New York Times fact-checked Trump's CPAC speech, and it's
one lie after another.
- Why are Republicans continuing with their plan to decrease the number of Americans with health coverage when the majority of Americans want to keep it and even Republicans are
beginning to protest? Because they think, if fewer Americans are required to have health coverage,
that's a good thing! Just ask Rick Santorum who believes that there are literally
millions of perfectly healthy Americans scamming health care by
faking preexisting conditions.
- Not sure where Betsy DeVos went to college, but she must have been sick the day they taught projection in psych. I highly doubt her
professors told her what to think, that is the purview
of authoritarianism. The goal of college is to promote intelligence and wisdom, the goal of DeVos is to
force Christianity onto children.
- Mem Fox, a children's book author was harassed by US customs
to the point of tears and a Jordanian with a valid US
visa and stellar school record was deported. And, I'm
not sure how reputable the Daily Xtra is, but they're reporting that US Customs demanded a Canadian man's phone and computer passwords (and saved them in their database), looked through his personal
emails and online dating sites, and refused to let him into the country, because they assumed
he was a gay prostitute. US Intelligence explains that this is not keeping us
safe from terrorists, but Trump's not interested in intelligence.
- The country should really decriminalize marijuana for personal use, and so many Americans agree that several states have legalized it for recreational use. But those small-government Republicans
continue to be the police state.
- A White House staffer explains that Fox News and Brietbart are often used to create fake stories of praise for Trump to try and limit his
embarrassing Twitter posts. Of course, Trump hates any news outlet that is using an anonymous source... unless it's one of
his anonymous sources.
- After electing a racist Attorney General, Trump appears to have changed his tune on transsexuals in bathrooms.
- Bill O'Reliey interviewed the Swedish Defense and National Security Advisor, Nils Bildt on Fox News, Bildt linked immigration to an increase in crime. There was just one problem, Nils Bildt is not the
National Security Advisor. In fact, he's not a member of the
Swedish government at all!
Good news, the entire chain of Family Christian Stores, which filed for bankruptcy in 2015, is finishing up the last of its
Do not trust a theoretical physicist to teach you evolution, especially if it's Michio Kaku who believes that
UFOs might be real. not because of evidence, but because so many people have anecdotes about them.
Ed Logg talks about designing the arcade game Gauntlet.
It's always embarrassing when government officials in your own backyard waste your money to
defy the US Constitution.
In what is only a shock to the Kentucky politicians who voted in favor of a huge tax write-off for the genocide-themed amusement park, the Ark Encounter wasn't the economic boon the owners
claimed it would be.
|Ready to unplug|
I beat Bonk's Adventure, my first ever TurboGrafx-16 victory.
- Republican Bill Cassidy showed up late to his town hall meeting and then decided to waste even more time praying so the audience
booed his prayer demanding that he get
on with it. Angry crowds like this are occurring all over at country, creating a new level of hatred even amongst
fellow Republicans. The White House's official position, despite having
any evidence to back them up, is that much of outrage comes in the form of professional protesters that Democrats paid
pretend to be angry.
- Trump's racial epiphany after seeing shackles used to chain up slaved children was to say... "that's really bad." Well, that ought to
solve the problem of racism.
- Rather than learning from all the protests against Trump, Republicans are pushing to let police arrest protesters, not when they're violent, but when police
think they might become violent.
- Donald Trump is getting advice from Alex Jones. Let that sink in.
- When Trump fans were waving around red, white, and blue Trump flags, they didn't realize they inadvertently
waving Russian flags.
- The good news is, Trump's possible new science advisor, William Happer, actually believes in climate change. The bad news it, he thinks irreparable climate change
is a good thing!
- Trump's new anti-immigration policy makes a criminal out of everyone who didn't go through the extremely difficult proper channels to enter the country. But, when law enforcement has to treat everyone
as a criminal, there are fewer resources available for processing actual criminals.
- Trump is claiming that he saved the nation $1 billion by making smooth deals with Boeing on a replacement Air Force One and the useless F-35 fighter jet, to which the Air Force replies,
no he didn't.
Another white male terrorist.
The complexities of the wage gap between the sexes isn't caused simply by overt sexism, but rather by women still being expected to do most of the house work
Alexander the Great rap-battles Ivan the Terrible.
No, cranberries will not cure your UTI.
|We shouldn't need to have this fight|
It's February, but I'm driving with my car's top down. The Chinese are really out-doing themselves with this global warming hoax!
- Throughout the history of the USA, we see political groups rise, fall, and sometimes even change dramatically. The Republican party began as anti-slavery, pro-environmentalism, and pro-separation of
powers, but are now pro-discrimination, anti-environmentalism, and pro-authoritarianism. These changes moved the party from being the heroes of history to the villains, and now, every move they make puts
them on the wrong side of history. They make a mockery of African Americans, appoint a
puppet of the fossil fuels industry to head of the EPA, and even though Americans
are becoming more accepting of transgendered people because they realize that a person's gender is their own choice which doesn't hurt anyone, they vilify them as rapists and child molesters, effectively
banning them from public bathrooms.
- Trump ran on a campaign claiming he would bomb the shit out of ISIS and kill their families, but, it turns out, his perceived real number one enemy of the nation is, the
free press. And, by the way, most of the country
favors the press over Trump. Let's hope he doesn't follow his buddy Putin and
- Being elected to Congress comes with its perks, one of which includes top-notch socialized health care for life, paid for by US taxpayers. Republicans have complained for years that socialized health
care is bad, and now that they have a Congressional majority both in the House and Senate, we can expect them to dismantle their own socialized health care and buy on the free market, right? Of course
not, Republicans are hypocrites. While they were enjoying free health care, they fought tooth-and-nail to prevent everyone else from getting it, and even after Democrats finally made it a reality,
Republicans wasted millions of taxpayer dollars weakening it and trying to repeal it. Now that they have control, they will destroy it for
everyone except themselves.
- What happened to all those smiling white racists we see in photos from the Civil Rights protests?
- The protest site of the Dakota Access Pipeline ends in flames as the remnants of the camp are burned to the ground by the US
- The Department of Homeland Security is now lying to the American people as part of its official
- There may yet be a chance to end
gerrymandering in the US.
- Like many Republicans before him, Trump claims to be pro-veterans, but his federal hiring freeze has caused at least two army bases to
close their child care programs.
- There is some good news about Trump's election, it's causing more women to become interested in
running for office.
- Trump is expected to allow your Internet service provider to sell your private data.
- Republicans are arguing that, since Heaven has a gate, wall, and extreme vetting, so too should the USA. But their asinine argument raises
more problems than solutions.
Homeopathic teething pills for babies won't numb a baby's teething pain, but it might kill them.
When trying to get your point across to someone else, you first need to ascertain, are they swayed by facts? If not, you can only
sway them by emotions.
Rebecca Watson explains why gluing your vagina shut won't help menstruation and why you won't be riding a woolly mammoth
Many states in the US still allow 12-year-old girls to marry older men. The people who take advantage of this are usually religious people afraid that their pregnant daughter will make them a social
outcast and pedophiles.
I can see some redneck bigot trying to sue his employer for making him watch a sensitivity training video about respecting homosexuals in the work place, but what does it say about Texas when that
redneck bigot is a state judge?
The meteorological problems with the flood myth.
Constant vigilance is what keeps young-earth Creationists
out of public schools and prevents Republicans
from blocking Democrats from being hired by
|Nope, nope, nope. Duckie!|
- The Washington Post has a great pie graph of how Trump spent his first month as President, mostly
taking it easy. All this vacationing and partying is
costing us millions, but I'm okay with it
because he can't do as much damage if he spends every day golfing and making
bigoted posts on Twitter. The real terrifying thing is that his supporters
believe he's doing a great job.
- Trump's budget is expected to lose the US government around $1,000,000,000,000 over the next ten years, but don't worry, he's making up for that shortfall by cutting funding to arts, which makes up
a solid 0.0625% of the budget.
- Trump is either refusing to give up his old insecure phone, or too stupid to learn to use a modern phone. Either way, he's a
risk to national security.
- Even though there are recorded calls of Trump's staff making deals with Russia during the election and Russian officials saying they spoke with Trump's people, Trump's administration continues to deny
they had any contact with Russia at
- After giving a talk about the Holocaust and never once even mentioning the Jews, and then, rather than apologizing for the oversight, dismissing the criticisms, Trump finally got around saying that
antisemitism is bad, but nobody's
- Trump literally lies every day.
- Trump is still intent on ruining the water of the Standing Rock Tribe because he stands to
gain a lot of money.
- Trump may have removed the executive order which prevented people with mental illnesses from buying guns, but at least the courts are helping keep
assault rifles out of their hands.
Honest Trailers does Batman Begins.
Another public school that just couldn't understand why preaching religion to children is illegal just lost a
An interesting history of the toilet.
The evolution of human birth.
- As Trump continues to lick Putin's boots, it's important to remember what kind of person Putin is.
- Trump's Muslim ban was ruled unconstitutional, even by Republican-appointed judges, but Muslims are still being
denied entry into the US. Why do this when most acts of terrorism in the US are
- Jews across the country continue to be
Trump refuses to denounce anti-Semitic threats.
- Trump's tax plan is a economic nightmare. It basically calls for huge tax cuts for the wealthy, and an increase in military spending, both which decrease the government's revenue by billions. In order
to allow his voters to at least pretend he's not causing a third depression, Trump is also cutting out a bunch of programs that
help the poor.
- Trump has access to Top Secret information from the FBI, CIA, and NSA, and yet he listens to an anti-immigration story on Fox "News" and
repeats it to the public. Worse yet, the
Sweden story turned out to be poor journalism and the people involved say they
Fox misrepresented them.
- Celebrities claiming that have damning evidence of Trump is not helping the situation. If you have evidence, show it. If not, claiming you do only fuels the people who
think you're a liar.
- The person who created the Betsy DeVos segregation cartoon parody doesn't understand just how racist he is.
- Much like George W. Bush before him, Trump is taking plenty of vacations on the US tax-payer's dime.
China continues to build military outposts in the South China Sea.
A story of two Texas hunters were shot out on a ranch after being attacked by violent immigrants was made popular by Republican Sid Miller, but it later came out that they were lying to cover up the
fact that they stupidly shot each other.
Some interesting facts about the Nintendo 64.
Kudos to the highest level of an openly-atheist Republican, New Hampshire State Representative
What annoys God the most?
Took advantage of global warming by playing disc golf without a jacket in February.
- NPR created a transcript of Trump's first press conference with annotations to show all the
lies and corruption. And some satire
- Republicans agree that the corruption in Trump's administration is terrible, and even Trump admitted that he would have
ordered Michael Flynn to make shady
deals with Russia. So, why do Republicans refuse to investigate the corruption? Thankfully, there are still a
small amount of Republicans left in the party who still have a
modicum of integrity.
- Trump writes, "Look what's happening in Sweden," which raises some eyebrows. What about Sweden? Their better-educated populace? Their higher-paid better-employed work force? Their lower infant
mortality rate or higher longevity? No, it turns out that Trump wanted us to look at the fact that they're
helping out Syrian refugees! Of course, there hasn't been a
noticeable increase in crime, so the only criticism Trump has is that Sweden is helping the destitute. Oh the humanity!
- Trump has been ordering government economists to lie to the public about growth forecasts to make his insane budget look sane.
- Betsy DeVos complains that her critics want to make her life a living hell. Well, not so much your life, just your
desire to ruin education.
- Several states have tried forcing people on government assistance to take drug tests to exclude drug users. Each state that has implemented such mandatory drug tests has found that it actually costs
more money to pay for the testing than what would be saved from kicking out the drug users. This goes against the Conservative belief, that poor people are lazy drug addicts, so many people don't believe
the facts. Like, for example, the Republican congress.
The FBI has a large dossier on men who graphically threaten to rape and murder women, call in bomb threats where the women live or work, and claim they will go on a school shooting rampage. But, even
when the men are caught and confess, the FBI
If Republican Justin Humphrey is okay saying that women are "hosts" to fetuses, then they means fetuses are parasites.
A very cool postmortem of Diablo.
Hannah Smith, a senior counsel member of the Becket Fund, was trying to defend those Christians who refuse to serve homosexuals when she was asked a pretty simple question, should businesses be allowed
to refuse service to an interracial couples? Smith refused to answer the question, so it was posed to her several more times in different ways, but she continued to refuse. What does it say about the
racist views of the Becket Fund and Hannah Smith that
she couldn't just say, no?
Why is raw fish safe, but not raw chicken?
Americans have a double-standard when it comes to religion. If a Christian commits an act of violence as it is described in the bible, we don't think that person is a true Christian. However, if a
Muslims commits an act of violence as it is described in the Koran, we think the person is a true Muslim.
|Weekend will help me forget|
- You would think, with all of his blunders and bungles Trump voters would be very
disenfranchised with their pick, but no, online polls indicate that 90% of Republicans are still keeping
the faith. Much like Paul Ryan, to them, the party is more important than the
- The entire Trump Administration is a series of lies, and further ties to Russian
- When Fox News calls out a Republican, you know you're a terrible
- Melinda Gates plans to help pay for the contraception that women are going to lose
under Trump's regime.
- Trump lost ten members on his Asian American Advisory Commission. They all resigned
due to Trump's bigotry. Also, when Trump was asked what he was going to
do to combat the rising anti-Semitism in America, he talked about his Electoral
- Well, it happened. The guy who has been trying for years to destory the EPA is
now in charge of it.
- Trump sees a black reporter and just assumes that they're in charge of setting up meetings for the
Congressional Black Caucus.
- Republicans have revealed a draft of their health care plan, and, big shocker, it won't cover nearly as many poor people
- Another deal with the Russians, held in secret.
- Illegal border crossings into Canada have spiked. It turns out, there quite a few people who would rather live in a Canadian jail than in
- Just in case Trump tries to shake your hand.
Another white terrorist who will not be labeled as such.
I love Philomena Cunk.
Florist, Barronelle Stutzman, hasn't learned much from bakers and lost her lawsuit where she claimed religious freedom should protect her from discriminating against people her religion tells her are
evil (i.e., gay people). I'm sure she also refuses to sell flowers to people who violate the Sabbath, don't honor their parents, and commit adultery, right? What, no? The only part of her religion she
follows is hating gay people? Well that's not very Christian-like! There wasn't even a single dissenting vote, state judges
unanimously ruled against her.
Wonderful Tecmo Bowl music, with lyrics.
Lauren and Garyt wanted to have children, but things weren't working out. They tried various fertility drugs, diagnostic tests, corrective surgery, and four in vitro attempts. After years of doctors
poking and prodding, they finally get a successful pregnancy, and immediately gave all the credit
to their god.
Amazing that civil rights leaders were able to solve all the racist problems in the country in one month!
- Trump's now-former National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, bashed Hillary Clinton during the election calling for her to be locked up because of her crimes, even saying that if he did anything
wrong, he would expect to be in jail. But, now that he has been caught red-handed making
deals with the Russians, he isn't honoring his precious principles. In fact, all these self-proclaimed law-and-order Republicans who pretend
to be tough on crime, are letting him off the hook. Of course, one had to wonder, did Flynn make deals with the Russian in a vacuum? Surely the Russians wouldn't believe Flynn could honor his agreement
without being authorized by someone higher up in the Trump administration, which is probably why Republican hypocrites refuse to investigate matters further. Thankfully, a
wonderful time line has been made which shows just how much involvement the Trump administration
has had with Russia over the years, which shows just how false many of their statements, Trump's especially, really are. Rather than investigate their own corruption, Republicans are going to investigate
the US Intelligence Agencies.
- The Republicans currently have control of the White House, the Senate, the House of Representatives, and most state Governorships, yet all their clashing egos
still can't get anything accomplished!
- Vox has put together a collection of clips of Steve Bannon which expose how racist he really is.
- Trump is just as misinformed about autism as he is any other topic. If your source of data is a multitude of double-blind
clinical trials, you know that vaccines don't cause autism. If your source of data is Robert DiNiro, I
fear for your sanity.
Despite the growing fringe of white supremacists in America, there is some good news about American religious acceptance. Since 2015, Americans are becoming more open to people of varying religions.
The largest jump is in the acceptance of atheists, but other big increases are among
Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. In fact, the only group that didn't see growth is Evangelical Christians, which makes sense as they are one of the least inclusive groups.
Several studies show that doctors tend to under-diagnose pain in their female patients.
Christian Conservative Dennis Prager and his incompetence with political philosophy and biology.
Another 60 extra-solar planets have been found, which is good news because we'll need a new home
after we destroy our current one.
Christian politicians in my home state are costing taxpayers more money by trying to force their religion on citizens, but thankfully, Judges have a
better grasp of the Constitution.
- The New York Times and CNN were able to confirm several aspects of the British dossier on
Trump. Not the pee pee parties, but Trump's ties to Russian officials before the election. When these facts were reported,
Trump denied them all and suggested that everyone stop reading the news and instead watch Fox
and Friends. Meanwhile, a Russian jet just buzzed an American destroyer at close range
without identifying itself and Russians deployed a new
missile that violates our peace treaties. You know, just a few dangerous act of military
aggression to test how much control Putin has over Trump.
- The Trump administration originally claimed that National Security Adviser Michael Flynn resigned, but is now claiming
that he was fired by Trump due to Russian corruption. So, naturally,
Flynn will be investigated and brought up on criminal charges, right? Nope! Republicans are refusing to
investigate their own party (probably because of what it will uncover), but don't think that they're being lazy, they still intend to form an investigation over the whistle blower
who reported Flynn's corruption!
- John Oliver figures out how to deal with Trump's compulsive lying.
- In Trump's America, the TSA can coerce you to unlock your computer/phone/tablet so they can read all your personal emails, text message conversations, and see your contacts and pictures. If you
refuse, and you're not an American citizen, they can bar your entry to the US. If you are an American citizen, they can detain you until you miss your flight and
steal your device. They are supposed to return it to you after a few weeks, but what are you going to do if
- Trump signed an executive order repealing the anti-corruption rule that forced fossil fuel companies to disclose how much money they were paying to foreign governments, claiming that it will,
somehow, help American jobs. He also repealed Obama's gun control
executive order, so now it will be easier for people with mental illnesses to buy guns.
- White American hate groups like the KKK and especially anti-Muslim groups
are on the rise. Steve Bannon must be thrilled that
he is the president.
- Ethics groups are still calling for the investigation of Kellyanne Conway for
turning the White House into QVC as well as
- Trump's officials are deleting all of there communication records that are
supposed to be kept.
- The Daily Show wraps up week three of the Trump administration.
- SNL creates a pretty accurate depiction of a White House press conference.
- Stephen Miller, Trump's cheerleader, went on several rants about how Trump should be the King of America.
- Trumps administration couldn't even be bothered to fact-check a quote from Lincoln.
- Trump is -still- lying about voter fraud.
Addressing some common misconceptions about evolution.
Brentalfloss, and the Game Over Tinies.
On February 11th, Magnum, Oklahoma reached a temperature of 99.4°F, the hottest the state has ever seen in the middle of winter. Damn, those Chinese hoaxers are
really selling global warming!
|Happy STI Day!|
- Trump's National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, has resigned after it came out that he had improper dealings with Russia during the election. In fact, Trump was warned about his corruption by
Sally Yates (who Trump fired). Trump's original campaign manager, Paul Manafort, also resigned in disgrace over
Russian bribery accusations. But, Trump's response to all the corruption in his administration is to
denounce the people who exposed the corruption.
- Speaking of a lack of national security, Trump took a classified military phone call about a North Korea missile test in a public restaurant while people used their cell phones
to take pictures.
- George W. Bush had severe disapproval ratings until he started a war, and Nixon purposely scuttled peace talks with Vietnam for public approval (wartime traditionally favors more authoritarian
rulers). Will Trump follow this common Republican course of action?
- What fourth amendment?
- I didn't expect it to work, but it's nice to see that 1.8 million people think that it would be an embarrassment to Crown to have
Trump visit the UK.
- Trump gives some words of wisdom.
- Rather than bother with US border security, Canadian schools are just
eliminating student visits to the US.
A simple explanation of gerrymandering and how it is used by politicians to prevent the public from
getting what they vote for.
Crash Course philosophy talks about personhood, free will, and
Mayor Mark Lauretti of Shelton, CT lost $1,000 of the tax payer's money because he refused to stop giving
preferential treatment to Christians.
Arguments in favor of string theory.
How to deal with Christian apologetics.
|Monday the 13th|
- Trump's Muslim ban is shot down by judges again, to which he replies, "See you in court!" Well, yes, they're judges.
That's where they work. The US Marines have an interesting take on the Muslim ban that blocked their translators
from entering the country. To defend himself, Trump tried pretending he was an attorney and cited a legal article, but his make-believe didn't
account for the fact the article he cited actually favored the judges
who blocked his ban. Trump also congratulated
his adviser Stephen Miller who complained that the judicial branch of government is too powerful, and that Trump's power,
"will not be questioned."
- Why did Trump remove white supremacists from the definition of terrorists when they commit the most acts of terrorism in the US, and they're growing on social media
faster than ISIS?
- The Trump administration is -still- claiming that there is an epidemic of voter
fraud in this country with absolutely no evidence.
- I spent a week in Scotland, and it was amazing, not just from the beautiful scenery and wonderful culture, but also the interesting Scottish people...
who hate Trump.
- Mitch McConnell was protested at his house for his sexist attack on Elizabeth Warren.
- DeVos has already made it clear that she wants to dismantle American public schools, so we may as well bar her
from entering them. And to give you an idea just how serious she takes her position, after her department misspelled the name of the co-founder of the NAACP, they issued a correction which
- Now Kmart and Sears are dropping Trump's product line, keep up the good work people.
- In Trump's America, law-enforcement doesn't respect the fourth amendment, and presidents don't
respect the Constitution.
- Despite Trump's disregard for truth and journalism, fact-based journalism is the only kind of journalism there is. If it's not facts,
it's not journalism. In general, the media is doing their job without lying,
but Trump isn't.
- Hypocritical Republicans want less government and prefer it delegated to individual states, unless they defy Trump.
- Trump is not very smart.
- New England Patriots, you just won the Super Bowl, what are you going to do next?
I'm avoiding Trump!
What happens when you purposely isolate yourself from other people for several days?
Hope isn't lost. It turns out, if you point a gun at a group of peaceful protesters, even if they're black, and you're white, you can still
go to jail!
Bakeries have become civil rights battlegrounds. And Christian Robert Mannarino is on the side of hate. He sued a bakery because they wouldn't give him a reasonable price on a cake with the phrase
"homosexuality is an abomination" on it. The lawsuit was dismissed because Mannarino doesn't understand that discrimination doesn't mean preventing people from being
allowed to discriminate.
Students in Idaho will no longer learn about climate change.
Ricky Gervais eats hot wings and chats.
|Four. More. Years.|
- Trump's pick to lead Health and Human Services, Tom Price, was confirmed. He claims that he wants to ensure health insurance for all Americans, but he's replacing coverage with tax vouchers and
recently cut $500,000,000 from Medicare. He also seems to be
cashing in on insider trading.
- Republicans refused to let Elizabeth Warren read Coretta Scott King's letter about how racist Jeff Sessions is, but they didn't have a problem when it was read from by
- Looks like Trump's botched Yemen raid killed nine children including a 3-month-old baby.
- Trump isn't very bright, but several of his evil league of rich racists are, meaning,
they'll be the ones calling the shots.
- Trump claims that he hasn't received one call complaining about the Dakota Access Pipeline. Well, to be fair, he hasn't received one,
he's received one million.
- Geologists weigh in on Trump's colossal waste of money, a Mexican
border wall. And while he's wasting our resources on a useless wall, he's also
to help himself.
- Jeff Sessions agrees with Trump's false reality that crime is extremely high (it isn't) and immigrants
are extremely dangerous (they aren't).
- By refusing to hire new government employees, the draft-dodger Trump is hurting veterans who need to see doctors.
- The courts shot down Trump bigoted Muslim
ban, despite him trying to argue it wasn't a Muslim ban, even after he called it a Muslim ban. Trump isn't doing much winning
- Trump didn't even know about a nuclear disarmament treaty with Russia before talking about it with Vladamir Putin.
A beautiful map of mathematics.
Slate has compiled a list of the dozens of terrorist attacks in the US since 1995, all of which were
conducted by white people. But please, ban the Muslims.
John Oliver is too cute to get deported.
NRA members have been paying Wayne LaPierre's $1 million annual salary, but now they just paid for his
$5.1 million retirement plan!
Who makes a better front man for Queen?
Idaho Judge Randy Stoker released Cody Herrera, a man who raped a 14-year-old girl, under the condition that he only have sex with his wife while he's on probation, because, really, it's
social media's fault.
You have a few orgies, and suddenly the Vatican doesn't think you're
right for the priesthood.
|Four more years of this|
- Now it's Sean Spicer who is creating a terrorist attack that never happened!
- After Republican Mitch McConnell prevented Elizabeth Warren from reading Coretta Scott King's letter about Jeff Session's racism, Orrin Hatch defended his fellow Conservative explaining that we should
be nice to Trump's pick because Sessions has always been a gentleman to him, and asked people to, "Think of his wife."
Vox points out the problems. One, Sessions is only a gentlemen to fellow white
men, not black people. Two, saying, "think of his wife," implies that his wife is some weak woman that must be protected by strong men. I'm sure Sessions's wife knows precisely how racist he is! Despite
the work put forth by Democrats, Republicans voted to appoint the racist Jeff Sessions as Attorney
General. So, we now have a man who makes liberal use of the N-word and believes that the separation of church in state, which is detailed in the first amendment of the US Constitution
- The Trump administration is suggesting that the US government should demand the user name and passwords of any Muslim
trying to enter the country so they can read their private emails.
- Yes, the Trump's really are cashing in on the government, and
taking business trips at our expense. Also, dropping the products of such a criminal family is something
every ethical company has a responsibility to do, and Trump using his government position to injure that company is not him being a
it's him being a bully.
- One of Trump's investments, the Keystone XL Pipeline, is back in business, and ready to ruin the drinking water of the Native Americans
who live there. Thankfully, there is some pressure being put on Wells Fargo, the bank in charge of the project. Seattle, WA and Davis, CA have both voted to drop them as their bank because of their
involvement, which will pull several billion out of
the bank. I hope other cities follow their lead!
- Trump, who prides himself on being a fantastic business man, called an economist to ask, which is better,
a strong dollar or a weak dollar?
When segregation prevents you from getting a loan and the GI Bill only applies to white soldiers, it makes it very difficult
to get ahead.
If you work with churches to gather money to pay for a Ten Commandments monument to place on public land with a religious ceremony and claim that anyone who disagrees is attacking your religious
freedom, don't be surprised when a judge doesn't believe you when you claim it's there
for historical reasons.
Does Comcast really have the fastest Internet speeds? Nope.
Bruce Leonard and his wife Deborah have finally been sentenced to prison terms after beating their nineteen-year-old son to death because he
wouldn't go to church any more.
|And they are still here|
- Trump's officials say they will continue their attack on free speech and the free press unless journalists kowtow
- In a speech to police, Trump lied about the US murder rate saying that it is the highest it's been in almost 50 years, when, in fact, it's the
lowest it's been in almost 50 years.
- As commander of the US military, Trump is ultimately responsible for stopping terrorist attacks. Federal judges, on the other hand, are responsible for making rulings on how the US Constitution
applies is interpreted. This is part of an inherent system of checks and balances to make sure everything runs smoothly and to prevent, say, a supposed reckless reality TV host from wiping his ass with
the Constitution. Unfortunately, Trump is so incompetent he placed a white supremacist without any experience in national security in charge our nation's security. So, no Trump, any future terrorist
attacks are not the fault of judges who are doing their part correctly, it is your
fault for being too ignorant to do your job effectively.
- Despite claiming he is one of the smartest people alive, Trump has a very juvenile understanding of global trade.
- In an effort to show just how racist Jeff Sessions is, Elizabeth Warren began reading a letter about how racist he is written by
Martin Luther King's widow, but Republicans forced her to
stop claiming she had impugned Sessions's
character. Of course, as a staunch racist, Sessions has no character to impugn.
- It's so sad to watch these poor Trump supporters explain that, when they voted for Trump, they didn't expect him to actually cancel their health
insurance, even though he kept saying he would.
- Just a reminder, your tax dollars are going
directly into Donald
Trump's pockets, and he's using his government position to hurt corporations.
- Why won't the media tell us the truth about 9/11 and the Bowling Green Massacre?
- A mash-up of Betsy DeVos's incompetent ramblings and the protesters who wish she would have been denied.
- Another one of Trump's failed businesses.
- Attorneys explain why Trump's plan to repeal the Johnson Amendment, which prevents churches from endorsing specific political candidates,
is a terrible idea. Need
Captain Disillusion teaches you how to make you own fake viral video and gives an update on the
failed Cicret Bracelet.
Watch a Jehovah's Witness couple write their son out of their lives
because he's gay.
More songs from
the second season of
|As long as there are evil people in the world|
- Kellyanne Conway's fake terrorist attack wasn't a slip of the tongue, she had mentioned it
before. And now, Trump is claiming the media is purposely
covering up terrorist attacks and said he would release a whole slew of terrorist attacks that
weren't covered by the media.
He's wrong, of course. His list includes several very high
profile shootings which made headlines across the globe and covered
extensively. Even the more minor ones were reported on. Where would Trump get such a
ludicrous idea? From the bat shit crazy conspiracy theorist,
- All this brings up an interesting question for the media. If the White House has no problem with blatantly lying,
how should you report on them when you can't just mock them like SNL's
Sean Spicer bit and immigration video bit.
- Is anyone surprised that Trump's pick for Labor Department, Andrew Puzder, employs
illegal immigrants? Such hypocrites.
- Protesting is hard thankless work. It involves traveling to a destination, usually at your own expense, and then spending a day that could be self-productive marching and chanting for the benefit of
other people. By the time you get home, you're exhausted and have little to show for it. So, don't believe Trump when he tries to delegitimatize his millions of protesters by saying
they're getting paid,
- I don't blame British Parliament who, citing Trump's racism and sexism, refuses to allow him to address the House of Commons, claiming that speaking is not a right, but an honor he has
not yet earned. As it stands, Trump is ruining relationships between the US
and several nations.
- Is $818,000 enough money to buy the Department of Education?
- Melania Trump's lawyers explains that she will be using her status as the First Lady to make millions as a
walking clothing advertisement.
- Trump's order to build the Keystone XL pipeline means the protesters have to go.
- Banning Muslims means also preventing them from doing their jobs, even when they're
furthering American science.
- The Independent makes a salient point, the USA is no longer the leader of the free world,
Thousands of civilians were executed by the Syrian government.
Using black women as exotic fantasies isn't just sexist, it's also racist.
As Arkansas inches closer to putting up a Satanic monument at their Capitol, the state is trying a new tactic, create an emergency law so they can vote on whether they need to
obey the Constitution.
|Two weeks down, far too many to go|
Saw the Vagina Monologues on Thursday with my mom, had a colonoscopy on Friday, took part in another protest on Saturday. Like a boss!
- How many lies can Trump tell in a week? A rhetorical question, but the reality is it's been another
fully dishonest week for the Trump administration whose
lies are growing. Hell, even Teen Vogue is now
- In order to offer reasons for their Muslim ban, the Trump administration
terrorist attack. Thankfully,
federal judges are
refusing to allow the ban, but the
stories of the people who were detained
at airports will serve as a testament.
- During his campaign, Trump was all about Wall Street reform, but instead he's doing what he's told by bank managers and
removing the restrictions on dangerous lending which were created to prevent another 2008
depression. Trump explained his actions saying his friends need more money.
- Trump offers a helpful way to determine real news from fake news. If the new is negative toward him,
it's fake. Interestingly, he lists every major American news outlet except his buddies at Fox "News"
which is objectively the least honest.
- Trump's family is costing tax payers millions. It cost $100,000 to send Donald, Jr. to
Uruguay to further his father's business. Melania Trump's (who eats diamonds) refusal to live with Trump in the White House (and who could
blame her?) costs New Yorkers $1,000,000 every day. It shouldn't
be too shocking that Trump is using his position as President for his own personal gains and funneled the money
people donated to his campaign into his businesses. No
wonder Trump is facing over 50 lawsuits after being in office for only 2 weeks!
- American terrorist organizations like the KKK are thrilled that Trump is removing them from the
federal group that monitors terrorism.
And watch a black woman read Trump's speech for Black History Month.
- Trump's not interested in filling his cabinet with competent people, he only wants loyalty. And he gets loyalty from his racist Attorney
General who is also a bigot and blames disabled children for the decline
in civility in public schools.
- Trump's botched Yemen strike may have even more civilian deaths than originally reported.
- When you elect a reality celebrity for your president, you get a
reality show for a country.
- Trump continues to defend Putin, even at the cost of denigrating the USA.
Arkansas has passed a new law which allows a woman's right to an abortion to be contingent on her husband's approval, even if
she is raped by him.
As we've seen from all the protests against Trump in his first two weeks, protesting can
work. However, never forget that protesting is tricky work, and it is always important to understand they ways an oppressive majority can
undermine your efforts.
Never trust a company that is claiming to give you something for free. Companies are not in the business of earning less money and so-called "discount cards" are just a sleazy way for companies to
squeeze more money out of your business and erode your privacy. So, when telecomm companies that are near monopolies already
claim to offer free services, it's probably not because they don't like money, but instead because they want control over how you can
access the Internet.
After the official Royal Commission was released on sex abuse in the Australian Catholic Church, the final number is shocking. Over 4,000 people have reported having been abused by a member of their
church. Of all the Catholic priests in the country from 1950-2010, 7% have been accused of sexual abuse!
|Game over man!|
Have to get a colonoscopy tomorrow, so I'll probably be too sedated to update. The perks of getting old!
- Using a racial slur in the process, Trump threatens Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto with a US military invasion if he doesn't
take care of his "bad hombres."
- When Jimmy Carter's plan to rescue hostages from Iran failed, he took responsibility, even though it was the US military that botched it. Now Donald Trump has ordered a Navy Seal strike on a Yemen
home suspected to house al Qaeda militants. Pretty much everything went wrong. Their plane crash-landed injuring several Seals and another was killed in the ensuing firefight. When the Seals finally
infiltrated the house, they killed everyone in it including several women and children and the
8-year-old daughter of the country's former agriculture minister, then burned it to the ground. Trump called this a success. Although Trump lies about most things, he is certainly being true to his word
when he said, "You have to take out their families."
- Trump owes another $6,000,000 for
fraud. I wonder how many back-alley deals he's going to make as President to get his money back?
- Like a tantrum-prone teen, Trump, upon being informed of Obama's arrangement to accept some of their refugees, hung up on the Prime Minister of Australia, whining that it would hurt his political
image. Trump later folded and said he would honor the agreement, possibly after being reminded that Australia could
replace the US with China for trade deals.
- Scott Walker explains to Trump that America can be fixed by eliminating
unions for government workers. It's those damn employees making barely enough money to feed their families who are ruining America, it has nothing to do with the ultra rich 1% who pay nothing in
- Even though most terrorism in the USA is caused by American-born white men, Trump's regime wants to change the "Countering Violent Extremism" program to the "Countering Islamic Extremism." Currently,
the program targets any form of violent extremism whether it comes from the KKK, Black Panthers, or Jihadist. Its new highly specific and irrational name implies that it will
ignore white supremacists and neo-Nazis. This is about as stupid as changing the "Alcohol Tobacco and
Firearms" Agency to the "Marlboro" Agency.
- Republicans claim they only want to accept immigrants who are willing to work, Trump says he's going to put America back to work, and Starbucks solves both problems at once by saying they'll hire
10,000 immigrants. Naturally, racists threatened a boycott
because they only want white people to get jobs, but their cries were drowned out by people pointing out their hypocrisy.
- DeVos's goal, take your tax dollars away from public schools and give them to private
- To be a non-profit organization you have to prove that you are helping the community and you must keep very detailed records of your money for the IRS. Unless you're a church. Churches don't pay
taxes, but they don't even have to attempt community progress or keep any records at all (which is probably why they're so often implicated in corruption). One other part of being a non-profit means not
being allowed to endorse political candidates. Non-profits can talk issues all they want, but they can't name names. The idea is, if you don't want to contribute to the country's infrastructure because
you're -so- concerned with helping people, then you don't need to be so involved in politics. Of course, in reality, churches have been getting away with endorsing political candidates for years without
punishment, and it wasn't until the IRS was sued that they
finally pretended to care.
But, if Trump gets his way, churches will become Republican political rallies
even more than they already are.
According to a recent Pew Research Poll, 83% of Republicans believe that you must speak English to be a true
American compared to 61% of Democrats. 43% of Republicans say it is necessary to be Christian to be a true American compared to 32% of Democrats. 35% of Republicans say you must be born here to be a true
American compared to 32% of Democrats. Also interesting, these numbers decrease as a person gets a better education, becomes less religious, and among the young, indicating we're heading in the right
direction. Each nation varies widely on their level of nationalism.
The only moral dilemma behind autonomous cars is why are we afraid to have them when they're clearly safer that even the best human driver.
Honest Trailers does The Princess Bride and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Just a reminder how wasteful US military spending is, and how hard it will be to fix the problem.
|The room where it happens|
- Protesting works. Donald Trump was going to go to Milwaukee to visit a Harley-Davidson factory, but the company decided it was in their best interest to rescind the invitation. Trump has become so
toxic, they would rather take their chances with his useless Tweets than millions of protesters. But
don't forget, dictators will always try to take away your
- During his campaign, Trump claimed he would renegotiate with pharmaceutical companies to get better deals. Well, he met with several of them, and after his meeting decided that the pharmaceutical
companies are barely scraping by, so he decided to lower their taxes instead. It doesn't help that
Republicans in the Bush Administration created a law to prevent the government from negotiating with drug manufacturers.
- In order to justify his tax cuts for the wealthy and massive military increases, Trump has decided to cut out nearly everything good that the government does. Art, literature, civil rights, public
radio, environmental protections, science education and investigation, and energy investments are going to be eliminated entirely saving the nation about $7.3 billion a year, which sounds like a lot until
you realize that he needs cut about $1,050 billion to make his tax plan work. translates to just $22.36 a year per person.
- A closed Republican meeting was infiltrated and recorded by an anonymous person and the recordings sent to
various news outlets.
What was discovered from the private talks? Republicans support Trump's wasted effort investigate non-existent voter fraud, they think repealing the Affordable Care Act is political suicide, and they
wondered how they can massively increase military spending and a useless border wall for Trump without first removing all the laws they created to
prevent runaway government spending!
- Betsy DeVos was approved by Republicans and will become the head of the USA's education programs. Just to add icing on the unqualified inexperienced cake, DeVos
cheated on her approval questions. And more horrible news, looks like Jerry Falwell, Jr. will also be
ruining American education.
- Trump admits, like the self-proclaimed "fiscally responsible" Republicans before him, he's far more interested in military spending
than a balanced budget.
- Michigan's Attorney General is Republican Bill Schuette. He actively worked to eliminate women's abortion rights, ban same-sex marriage, and
is now siding with Trump's bigoted belief that Muslims should be
banned from entering the US.
- Republican's cried "tyrant!" when Obama issued executive orders, even when most American's favored them, but now that Trump's writing them, they
can't agree more, even when they're bullshit.
- Trump's message to CNN, if you don't do what we tell you to do, we won't grant you interviews!
- Trump's America is about to get a little smaller as Republicans plan to sell off an amount of land equal to the size of Connecticut
to private owners. Oh yeah, and they're trying to drill for oil
in National Parks.
- Trump officially nominates Neil Gorsuch for the US Supreme Court, a man
much likened to Antonin Scalia, AKA the most
evil judge in recent times. Expect to see the wall between church and state to
crumble a little more.
- New York Catholic priest, Philip Pizzo, posted a joke which he thought funny which suggested that anyone who opposes Trump
should commit suicide, something
Catholics view as a mortal sin. This wasn't seen as a joke by Carlos Coburn, a man struggling with suicidal thoughts who was counseled by Pizzo.
- Despite being a minority victor, Trump continues to alienate himself with the Democratic majority.
- Rebecca Watson explains why Trump is wrong to favor torture.
Once again, to prove they are the party of small government, North Dakota Republicans continue to control when businesses are allowed to open on Sundays (not until noon) because people should be in
church, and women shouldn't be out spending their husband's money, but rather at home
making him breakfast in bed!
Robert Arnold, former Sheriff of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, thought it was important to put up the Ten Commandments in his jail to force his religion on other people. Unfortunately, he never read the
commandment about stealing because he just plead guilty to corruption and extortion charges. There is also evidence that he's guilty of
witness tampering and domestic assault.
A collection of songs from the second season of
It took the Prime Minister of Canada to get Fox "News" to finally take down their post implying the Quebec Mosque shooter was Moroccan instead of a
Aron Ra makes some videos for Monster On Sunday's songs Just Like You and Make a
A bunch of men protest Planned Parenthood.
|Crap! It's not fine!|
- During the confirmation hearing of Obama's Attorney General, Sally Yates, she was asked by the racist Alabama Judge Jeff Sessions if she would defy the president if he asked her to do something
unconstitutional, which Yates agreed it was her duty.
In a dark coincidence, Sally Yates was just fired by Trump for refusing to enforce Trump's unconstitutional ban on
Muslims, and will probably be replaced by the racist Alabama Judge, Jeff Sessions. Trump's Muslim ban went into effect, and on the first day almost 400 people were detained, but Trump lied and said
it was only 100. These detentions caused massive protesting at airports all over the country which Trump dismissed as
a problem with Delta's computers. Many Liberal politicians called-out such a bigoted
policy, to which Trump, in a very unpresidental move, mocked them by
name. Commenting on their Muslim ban, Trump's slime pit explained that they're just getting warmed up.
- Those Trump supporters who thought he would have to clean up his act when he became president are probably kicking themselves now because his vast array of lies are making other countries question if
they can trust the US about anything. Despite all their SNAFUs, Trump continues to pretend
everything is wonderful and that it's the Democrats who are a mess because it took them a little while to get a
- In the USA, we're celebrating the fact that Trump is too chicken to let Mike Pence eliminate Obama's
protections for the LGBT, even the Boy Scouts are now
allowing transgendered boys, but in the UK outdoes us by officially admitting they were
wrong have ever criminalized homosexuality.
Hey, if you wanted to pour gas on the fire, malaria appears to have evolved an immunity to even our most powerful drugs.
|Don't worry, everything will be fine|
Feeling: Cold Sore
- BBC refers to Trump's Muslim ban as "amateur hour at the White House," because he failed to consult legal console before signing his
executive order. The order, which requires the dentition of Muslim travelers in airports, even those with green cards (though they
let up on that part), has caused
huge protests blocking airports all over the
country, and Federal Judges are disagreeing with Trump's rules. This mother had to wait at Washington Dulles Airport while here five-year-old son was detained for
several hours without her. I hope more people follow Madeleine Albright's lead of
registering as Muslim.
- A lot of Conservative web sites were reporting on the terrorist who murdered several people in Quebec, Fox "News" said the shooter was of Moroccan origin, and Trump's press secretary used the shooting
as an example for why we need to ban immigrants. Then, it turned out that the shooter was a Canadian-born
white nationalist. As expected, Fox and Trump weren't too
quick on an apology.
- A recap of Trump's first week in office by NPR and
The Nation. Basically, Trump lied, a lot.
- Trump met with UK's Prime Minister, Theresa May, and wouldn't confirm to her that the US would keep sanctions against Russia, then told a BBC reporter that he
- Our national security is now being handled by a white supremacist with no experience in national security. Not a wise idea when top
Chinese military officials are suggesting that a war with the USA
may become a reality.
- How can so many white Evangelical Christians vote for Donal Trump? Probably because 62% of the same people believe that God decides the outcome of
major sporting events. And while Evangelicals may
still worship Lord Trump, Catholics probably don't approve of him insulting the
- Over 900,000 signatures were added to an online petition to refuse Trump's state visit to the UK to give him taste of his own immigration ban.
- More Twitter accounts are popping up from people
claiming to be government employees to defy Trump's media blackout. Of course, since they have to remain anonymous in order to keep their jobs, there is no telling if they're real employees or Internet
- Christians often like to talk about the nation's "Judeo-Christian" roots, so you would expect them to be outraged when their elected president gives a speech about the Holocaust and
overlooks the Jews. Sorry Jews, all lives matter! Trump also didn't realize that his ban on Muslims coincided with
Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- More signs from cities all over the world for the Women's March On Washington.
The cause of life's major evolutionary events.
Christian Kristan Hawkins, head of Students For Life (scary), wants to outlaw many forms of birth control including the birth control pill because she wrongly believes it causes abortions. I can only
assume the children she works with are being
subjected to her scientific ignorance.
Philomena Cunk is
|You're living in a dictatorship!|
Feeling: Cold Sore
I beat the campaign mode of Antiyoy.
- The Trump administration continues to tell people not to listen to the media, and tells the media
not to report what they do. Sounds like a
dictatorship. The truth is, you shouldn't trust Trump because he is the most
dishonest politician in recent history, his administration is
forced to lie for him, and his followers know it. Case in point, if someone quoted a bible verse about how lying is evil without any context, I
would not assume it was directed at me. Trump fans, however, get stirred
into a frenzy over it. Normal people are not this thin-skinned over the size of their crowd. He's so desperate to have a big
crowd size that he's even pressuring the National Park Service to create evidence of a crowd
larger than what
existed. Trump, your inauguration was a joke. Normal people aren't so fragile over their lack of votes, and don't need to create fake studies
that even Fox News won't believe.
- Over one million emails have arrived in the in-boxes of US Senators urging them not to appoint Betsy DeVos to
Secretary of Education.
- The guy who thinks climate change is a hoax created by the Chinese is going to force a review on all EPA data before
they're allowed to publish.
- Once again proving that Republicans are the party of big government, Trump threatens to override any city who doesn't comply with his
bigoted immigration views.
- Just to help prove his corruption, Trump is banning immigration from countries all over the Middle East, except those where
he has business ties.
- As Trump give the green light on the Dakoata Access Pipeline, a pipeline in Iowa leaks
140,000 gallons of diesel into farmland.
- The Netherlands made Trump a wonderfully informative video.
- Samantha Bee's recap of the Women's March On Washington.
Mississippi's Republican Governor Phil Bryant just signed into law a bill that allows store owners to
discriminate against the LGBT.
David Barton is a Christian liar who creates fake history, Glenn Beck is a Mormon lunatic who sees conspiracies everywhere. By their powers combined, they hope to create a children's museum and history
class where they will lie to public school kids for weeks at a time in hopes of preventing them from learning
real history from real history teachers!
|Could use a weekend|
Feeling: Cold Sore
- No, we don't live in North Korea, but if you listen to Trump's science committee chairman advisor, you'd think that we do. Lamar Smith, after verbally fellating Trump, encouraged Americans not to
listen to reputable news journals and instead get all their news
directly from Trump. Add that to the several
journalists who have been arrested and charged with felony rioting for taking pictures of riot that occurred during Trump's inauguration, and you've got the makings of a
- The entire senior management of the US State Department just resigned! These people, who have been working there for years under both Republican and Democratic leaders and knew the job inside and out,
and decided they would rather be unemployed than work under the woefully unqualified Rex Tillerson, ex-CEO of ExxonMobil. I really admire their courage! Along with many other government officials who are
disgusted by Trump's picks, this appears to be the largest Federal
mass-resignation in memory. Not very shocking since even Trump's own team has a lot of terrible things
to say about him.
- Trump said Hillary Clinton should be jailed for having private email accounts, but that obvious corruption doesn't prevent his staff from
having their own!
- Trump, with his alternative facts still believes that as many as 5 million people voted
illegally for Clinton, in fact, he even tells a story about how professional golfer Bernhard Langer wasn't able to vote, but Mexican-looking people standing in the polling line with him were. Of
course, Langer couldn't vote because he's not an American citizen, while the Mexican-looking people probably were. Trump's anecdote is probably false, anyway, but it's interesting how in Trump's racist
mind, all white people are American by default, while brown people aren't. Even more interesting,
Trump's own advisor, white supremacist Steven Bannon, is registered to vote in two states, as is
Trump's own daughter. They
probably didn't vote twice, but for a man who claims to abhor illegal voting, his staff isn't in a good position to claim purity. The truth is, voter fraud is extremely rare, but when it does happen, it's
usually Republican voters and
- The underlying problem Republican's face with the repeal of Obamacare is not that they have no idea how to keep the good while eliminating the bad. No, the real problem is, as Republicans, they don't
believe well-off people have a moral obligation to help the less fortunate.
- Trump is trying to squelch all climate change
data, because he doesn't want his precious businesses to be stifled by minor things like the end of life on Earth. Much of the climate research done in the USA is conducted by NASA, and, in what I'm
sure has nothing to do with Trump, NASA just declared that all research data to conduct will be made available to the public
- J.R. Doporto, a Trump loving City Councilor in New Mexico posted that women have the right to cook and clean, and if they don't stop their bitching, they'll be slapped. Now he's issuing a series of
non-pologies saying he's sorry if he offended anyone, but he doesn't understand why suggesting that women should be beaten
would upset anyone. The fact is, Republicans are hated,
particularly by women, and they're too ignorant to know why.
- Republicans are still very intent on discriminating against the LGBT
- Trump campaigned under the promise that he would build a wall along the Mexican border and make Mexico pay for it, using logic that only the most uneducated would believe. Well, he still plans on
building the wall just using taxpayer dollars instead. But don't worry! Trump has assured us he will get Mexico to pay us back, he just
doesn't have any idea how! He also signed an executive order to indefinitely detain
illegal immigrants, rather than deport them, which will cost the US taxpayer loads more!
- Obama had his faults, but he was loved by the people, leaving some very big shoes for
Trump to fill, and with Trump constantly being the purveyor of doom and gloom, I don't see that happening. Republicans have made their bed, but
they won't be able to sleep in it.
Christians are still trying to use the government to
promote their religion, and are still
trying to eliminate science
from the classroom.
Republican Chris McDaniel claims that most Liberal women are
unhappy, lazy, intolerant, hateful, murderers.
|Surprised nobody's taken a shot at him|
Feeling: Cold Sore
- Repealing the Affordable Care Act means going back to a system where pre-existing conditions prevent you from getting insurance, women are discriminated against, college students can't remain on their
parent's insurance, and veterans, mothers, and the poor and elderly have less coverage. Senate Republicans
voted to repeal.
- Trump is still going to build a useless wall along the Mexican border, but he's expecting the US taxpayer to foot the bill. Yes, I know he claimed Mexico would pay for it, and, if you believed him,
- For all of those who have a "wait and see" attitude toward Trumpenomics, remember that pretty much all economists, both Liberal and Conservative, agree that his economic plan is not going to lower
prices, won't create American jobs, and will cause a massive
Federal deficit. What do you expect from a man who chants "buy American!" yet everything he sells was made in China!
- Without evidence, Trump's administration continues to claim that as many as 5 million individual cases of voter fraud were
illegally cast against him, causing a to reporter ask, if you really believe that, why haven't you called for an
investigation of voter fraud?
- Trump's administration tries to fix their lies about his attendance by creating more
- I wish all Governors were as brave as Jerry Brown in his speech to defy Trump.
- It's pretty telling of just how dishonest Trump is that news organizations have to explain the details of calling someone a liar versus calling what they say
- There is a lot of the evidence for climate change, but that isn't stopping Trump from trying to
destroy it all.
- There are two things that Trump has done that I think are beneficial. One, he's made a lot of money for political satirists. Two, he's caused more people to read Orwell's
- Trump is expected to destroy American education, science, and innovation.
- Let the national bigotry begin.
- With all the negative press, protests, and accusations of corruption, Trump is annoyed that he
can't "enjoy" his presidency.
- Here is a collection of articles written by Mike Pence when he was Governor of Indiana including he belief that smoking doesn't kill, CO2 doesn't contribute to climate change, and how George
Washington was a Republican, all of which were known to be false when he wrote them.
The adventures of the Juno spacecraft.
The history of language and how the Tower of Babel myth is wrong.
Korean tech company LG is losing money mostly because of their failing smart phone division. As
someone who owns an LG phone, I totally understand this. The phone is garbage, and I have no intention of ever buying another LG phone.
The transition from boxy to curvy car design.
|It wasn't anywhere near a majority, but people really did vote for him|
Feeling: Cold Sore
- Lies the the Trump administration continue to tell: Most Americans want Trump to release his tax returns, but they say
nobody's interested. Trump's inauguration was not the
biggest in history by any metric (the women's protest was even larger), but they claim it
was. The popular vote was nearly 3 million in favor of Hillary Clinton with practically no evidence of voter fraud, they pretend there were as many as
5 million illegal
- Despite the protesting, bloodshed, and cries of American natives which prompted Obama to halt the Dakota Access pipeline, Trump follow a long tradition of presidents lying to Natives and
reinstate the building of the pipeline. This isn't much of a shock since Trump would
stand to lose money if the pipeline didn't get built, since he owns stock in the company building
- The White House offered an unprompted press conference, but CNN, assuming it was going to be another commercial for Trump, didn't cover it live, and they were
right to do so. The "press" conference was just a series of lies designed to make Trump
look good. Other news outlets should stop live-streaming anything from the Trump administration so they can properly fact-check everything they say.
- In order to stop a riot, Police in D.C. started randomly beating and pepper-spraying children and the elderly, and arrested over 200 people
- How are Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un alike? They're both so egotistical they declared the day they took office
a national holiday.
- As expected, James Comey, the F.B.I. director who used his position to help Trump win the election will be kept by Trump because
Trump loves sycophants.
- If you're a woman who thinks she doesn't need the Women's Rights Movement, that's wonderful. It means everything is going great for you. However, don't be so self-centered as to think that all women
have it as good as you do. The march wasn't
for the few women in positions of authority, it was for the majority who are not.
- The Conservative strategy is for billionaires to pay people to create fake controversies of fear and doubt against any legitimate science that goes against their bottom line, and it is shockingly
effective. If you've ever met someone who believed climate change was false, second hand smoke wasn't that bad, evolution was a lie, the EPA harms innovation, unions take their money, or similar
unscientific beliefs, you know just how dangerous they are.
- Many scientists saved or copied as much data as possible before Trump took office because they feared Trump would try and erase it from public view.
They were right.
- Thousands of coal miners suffering from black lung disease rely on Obamacare for treatment and may lose their coverage when its repealed, meaning their health will rapidly decline, and they'll die.
And they purposely voted for this to happen to them.
In Oklahoma, it's legal to force a woman to give you oral sex, if she is unconscious.
The Russian military presence in Syria
continues to grow, but
do you think Trump will do anything to stop his best buddy Putin?
Republican Tony Tinderholt is trying to pass a bill that will treat rape victims who have had abortions as murderers. He's doing this because he believes that women
aren't responsible enough with their sex
lives. Tinderholt is currently on his fifth marriage.
Republican Bill Kintner, best known for having to pay a $1,000 fine for using government computers for cybersex, posted a picture that implied the women of the D.C. march were too ugly to be sexually
assaulted, and, rather than apologize, complained that he was being misconstrued.
Republican Peter Palumbo, known for calling a school girl an "evil little thing" because she upheld the US Constitution, has been arrested for
embezzling over $70,000.
Philomena Cunk is just plain
If you live in Texas, there's a good chance your tax dollars paid for a Catholic medical facility that
refuses to treat women's health.
Detecting gravity waves is no big deal.
Four people were killed and thousands of dollars of damage was caused by a tornado in Mississippi, but a giant stone statue remains, so, clearly,
Jesus loves you.
Part of what makes science so great is that no idea is sacred.
|Fight for your right not to be abused|
Feeling: Cold Sore
The Women's March On Washington was an amazing show of strength and
solidarity for women all over the world. Every major city in the USA held a rally, and I am proud to have taken part in this small
piece of history thanks to the Michigan Education Association. It says a lot when the protest for Trump was three times
larger than his inauguration, and, when all cities are combined, the largest protest march
in the history of the nation. I'm still sore and exhausted from the trip, but it
was sooo worth it! Only wish I got to see Samantha Bee. Unfortunately, all the stress and lack of sleep allowed for a cold sore. Boo, hiss!
- Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer (who really hates Dippin' Dots),
lied about the size of Trump's inauguration
which was quite small compared with those in the past while Kellyanne Conway backs up the truthiness of his
- Trump promised to do 36 things on the first day of his presidency. He failed to do 34 of them. Trump ignored all promises relating to immigration, energy production, gun control, and wall building. So
what were the two promises he kept? One, he halted the hiring of federal workers, and two, he halted the creation of federal agencies. Yes, for Trump's first day in office, the only promise he kept was
the elimination of job growth!
- Even though people are just now starting to make a stink about it, fake news has always existed. But even with fake news, the majority of the American people still voted for Clinton. The real enemy
that allowed Trump to take power is gerrymandering.
- Although Trump promised he would place his businesses in a blind trust before taking office,
he has not. Despite his mistaken belief that
putting his family and friends in charge of his businesses will prevent corruption, this will most likely lead to a lawsuit for the violation of the Constitution's
Emoluments Clause... oh wait,
it just did!
- While entirely surrounded by men, Trump banned all money to any foreign aid agencies that takes part in abortion. This
will mostly hurt poor women.
- Even though Trump has mocked the CIA in the past, and rarely bothers to read the intelligence reports they prepare for him, he still had the audacity to stand in front of a monument for CIA agents
killed in the line of duty and lie to them saying nobody loves them more than he. Former CIA director John Brennan
found his lies infuriating. And just like is joke of a press conference, Trump brought in
subordinates to cheer for him since nobody else would.
- Even among Republicans, there are many who want to keep Obamacare, but that won't be enough to stop their
blind party loyalty. Expect thousands of people who lose their insurance
- Trump, not knowing how government works, didn't bother to put together a White House cabinet until the very last minute, and, in many cases, still hasn't assigned positions. You would assume that he
would keep the existing Obama staff working at least until he could replace them with his own incompetent cronies, but that would be rational. Instead, he fired all of Obama's ambassadors even though
nobody has been hired to do their jobs.
- In Obama's last press conference he actually told the press "good luck" with handling the Trump administration!
- The Twitter accounts of several government bureaus were shut down after the National Park Service made posts critical of Trump. They have since been
reactivated. Sadly, Trump's
Twitter account has yet to be banned.
- The USA had a law that helped fast-track immigrant Cubans due to their country's especially terrible government. However, with the growing friendliness between the two nations, Obama recently ended
the preferential treatment of Cubans requiring them to go through the normal channels of immigration. Unfortunately, there were many Cubans who were trying to immigrate into the USA before the law ended,
but arrived too late. There are currently over 1,000 Cubans at the Southern-US border unable to get in. They now rely on Trump to have a
change of heart.
- A little late, but the Daily Show's take on Trump's mockery of a press conference, And Late Night tackles his lack of preparedness as he
takes office and how bad his inauguration was.
I like my new mouse pad.
The Patriarchy may have ruined most of history, but they didn't take Friday the 13th away from women. But alt-med is still trying to
sue away its critics.
|Going to make you hear me|
I'm heading to Washington D.C. tonight to be part of the Million
Woman March protesting the inauguration of an admitted sex-offender president.
- Trump was inaugurated today. Not exactly a big turn out.
- Obama chose a nuclear physicist to head the Department of Energy. Trump is replacing him with Rick Perry, a man who vowed to permanently eliminate the department, but couldn't even remember its name,
and doesn't even know what it does! Frighteningly, the same man who
thinks gay people are evil is
now in charge of the US stockpile of nuclear bombs.
- Trump's inauguration party is looking pretty dull.
- As the old saying goes, pray for peace, prepare for war... with China.
- What we can look forward to for the next four years in Trump's America.
- Republicans argue that the next Supreme Court judge should be elected by the people, but the majority of people have voted for Democrats in six of the past seven
- When asked why there aren't any Latinos in his cabinet, Trump's spokesman said the cabinet was composed of the best and brightest, indicating that there isn't a single Latino
brighter than Ben Carson. And just look at how
Trump's sycophants treated Hispanic students.
- Why aren't we celebrating Kellyanne Conway as the first woman to run a successful presidential campaign? Because her two-faced lies helped
elect a racist sexual predator.
- Trump fooled his voters into thinking he was going to get bankers and billionaires out of politics, and then made them his entire cabinet.
- First action as president, remove from the White House web site the pages about
LGBT rights, and
health care. Then, steal an Obama photo for your
In the Wall Street Journal there is a nitpicking of Edward Snowden where the author claims that Snowden took many secret
military documents from the NSA unrelated to surveillance. I'm fine with that--do you expect a whistleblower to hang around for months painstakingly teasing out proof of unconstitutional
surveillance?--this had to be a smash and grab job. The author explains just how dangerous it would be for these documents to fall into the wrong hands. First of all, how poor is security at the NSA when
a junior-level employee has access to millions of secret documents and can just walk out the door with them? Second, if the NSA wasn't lying to Americans, they wouldn't be in this mess. The author
critiques Snowden's information of the events that happened while fleeing the US government. I'm fine with that--if you were afraid an unscrupulous government agency was trying to make you disappear, do
you really think you'd know when your passport was revoked? And would you simply give up when they did? Finally, the author claims Snowden lied that he didn't give any secret documents to the Russians,
but he fails to offer any hard evidence. The best he can manage is testimony from two Russian "insiders," who apparently are just as bad at keeping secrets as the NSA. Bottom line, while I fear for the
damage caused to our nation's security, it was the corrupt and unethical practices of NSA that is ultimately responsible.
Indiana Republicans are trying to pass a law that gives police the legal right to kill protesters.
Aron Ra finishes up his critiques of the so-called Irrefutable Proof of God with parts 17,
18, and 19.
Finally! Someone made a robot that will serve you beer.
Religious barbarians continue to destroy their own history.
|Kiss your class good-bye|
Well, this should squelch those rumors about me being gay, a Time Line of Musicals.
- DeVos wants more guns in public schools, wants to allow the elimination of education
for disabled children, and doesn't
know about a long-standing debate in education, measuring a student's educational proficiency versus growth, or even the
difference between the two. But what can you expect from a woman who lies to the Senate. When
she was told that the charter schools she champions in Michigan routinely under-perform the state's public schools (except those that
expel students with difficulties), DeVos's only response was that, "there is
a lot that has gone right." Sure, for the bank accounts of the inferior charter schools, but certainly not for their students. I guess, when your boss had to pay $25,000,000 because
he conned people with a fake university, you can expect her to accomplish
her goal, the dismantling of public education.
- Millions of Americans want Obamacare repealed even though they don't know what it is.
- This probably won't shock anyone, but Trump's pick for Department of Treasury is a corrupt banker who "accidentally" forgot to mention
$100,000,000 in assets.
- Since Trump's tax plan is expected to cost the nation billions every year, he needs to make some deep cuts in government spending. Now, he could simply eliminate welfare for corporations that post
massive profits, but that would be ethical. Instead, he plans on cutting the unimportant things like the departments that oversee safety and fairness in transportation, justice, commerce, and energy. He
also plans to eliminate the public broadcasting (NPR and PBS), public arts, and public humanities.
- Trump explains how he
stole, borrowed, entirely by himself thought up his slogan, and how he plans to hold
parades of military war machines through
our cities, just like Russia, North Korea, and China.
- As any expert on border security and they will tell you that a wall is practically useless for stopping illegal
- The whole point of the freedom of press, is that they're able to investigate politicians and hold them accountable for their corruption. So, naturally,
Trump bans them.
- There is some hope the nation can weather the next four years, if Trump is as useless as he claims to be.
Before it was an estimate, but now it's official, 2016 was the hottest year ever
recorded. The Chinese are really good at making hoaxes. Do you know what the hottest year ever recorded was before 2016? 2015. The hottest year ever recorded before that? 2014! Climate scientists are
trying to capture as much data as possible before Trump shuts them all down.
How Bitcoin works and why Luigi is the richest man in the Mushroom Kingdom.
White men help teach us what MLK Day is all about, like preacher Franklin Graham who re-purposes an MLK quote about racism to say American Christians should fight their
horrible persecution, and Rob Schneider,
who already knows more about vaccinations than a doctor, now he knows more about civil rights than a civil
Just a reminder, Flint, Michigan is on its 1,000th day with water
poisoned by Republican politicians.
What's the deal with Spain's border, and what is the hottest thing ever?
It's a bit late, but Adam Ruins Everything did a pretty good election lecture.
|Kiss education good-bye|
- Betsy DeVos's hearings were just as bad as expected. It was moderated by Republican Lamar Alexander who purposely held the meeting before the investigating ethics committee could find all of DeVos's
conflict of interests and only let people question DeVos for five minutes before cutting them off. When asked if she would work to cut funding to public schools and privatize them, her non-answer
indicates that she will. She advocated for guns in school because
students need to protect themselves from grizzly bears. When
reminded of her millions of dollars of donations to Christian hate groups that
torture gay people to turn them straight, she explained
that she embraces equality in people, "no matter their age." Tim Kaine kept asking her a simple question about whether she believed that same standards should apply to public and private schools,
and she just kept chanting, "I support accountability." Elizabeth Warren grilled DeVos about her knowledge of higher education,
especially the handling and distribution of all of money used in government loans and grants, and for every question, DeVos answered that she had
no experience whatsoever. But probably the most infuriating comment came from
Joe Lieberman who said DeVos's most important qualification is that she doesn't know anything about the politics of public education. Of course, there are billions of people in the world who similarly
don't know anything about the public school system, but unlike DeVos, they didn't give Trump $2,700,000.
- An accurate portrayal of Trump's sham of a press conference.
- The repeal of the Affordable Care Act will leave millions of Americans without insurance and cost more for
those who still have it.
- With every intelligence agency in the US in agreement that Russia hacked America, probably to help Trump get elected, there is one lone voice arguing that it is Obama who is trying to negate Trump's
legitimacy. That lone voice is from dictator Vlaimir
Putin. Well, him, and the Republicans who think Mexican TV stars endorsing Clinton was just as bad as Russians hacking US government
- Trump lies that it is only reporters who care about the tax returns he promised to released but hasn't, when in fact, it's
74% of all Americans.
- While they're in control, Republicans plan on destroying any law that keeps American clean or beautiful. Next on the chopping block, the
Endangered Species Act.
I would totally follow youth pastor Nick Thune.
Despite the Arab Spring, Egypt is still a dangerous place if you're not a Muslim.
Epic Rap Battles between Theodore Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, Wonder Woman and
Stevie Wonder, and Nice Peter and Epic Lloyd.
|Tomorrow there'll be more of us|
- Republican ethics solution: when the ethics board points out all your ethics violations, don't eliminate the violations,
eliminate the ethics
- Trump's pick to head the Department of Education, Betsy DeVos, has a goal. To use the American public school system to promote her ideal of Christianity, a Dutch Calvinist Reformed ideal. As she
explained at a Christian meeting, "Our desire is to confront the culture in ways that will continue to
advance God's Kingdom."
- Just before introducing legislation that would increase the Zimmer Biomet corporation stock dramatically, Republican Tom Price bough several thousands of dollars worth of stock in the company. Rather
than be punished for this shady practice, Price is now Trump's Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Republicans claim to be tough on crime and like chanting "blue lives matter," but it's a Republican billionaire family who is cutting the retirement of
Michigan police officers.
Thanks in part to the Obama administration and groups like Planned Parenthood, abortion has fallen to it's
lowest level since Roe v. Wade. However, with the changing of the guard,
we should expect to see more abortions as Trump and his cronies work to dismantle women's reproductive rights and affordable access to birth control.
As the rate of rape increases, New York Police Captain Peter Rose explains that, unlike being raped by a total stranger, most women are raped while on a date or by an acquaintance, so he's
not too worried about the increase.
Do you think a Conservative would be okay if their tax dollars were used to repair a mosque? No? So why are they fine using everyone else's tax dollars to
repair a church?
Alex Dainis gives a 2017 check-in, how to stack 24 dimensional spheres, detecting
antimatter light, a thermal camera over a Bunsen burner, and a beautiful
map of physics.
Coal is a very dirty and (hopefully) dying form of energy production, but as long as politicians are more concerned with their bank account than their children, they will continue trying to
outlaw green energy production.
|This country is going down a series of tubes|
- Our president-elect likens US government intelligence to the Nazis while at
the same time praising a Russian dictator. Now Israel is afraid to share military information with the US because they fear Trump will
share it with Russia. With
tensions this high, now is probably not a good time for C-SPAN to accidentally replace a Russia-critical speech with
Russian state-controlled television. And
speaking of Russia, they just decriminalized beating your wife. Expecting Trump's praise in 3... 2... 1...
- NATO is a military alliance between 28 nations (most of Europe and North America) which not only helps member countries maintain peaceful relations,
but also prevents violent nations like Russia and North Korea from invading their neighbors. NATO was instrumental in preventing North Korea from conquering South Korea, they kept the USSR at bay during
the Cold War, and, more recently, have been protecting nations against ISIS and Russia. Part of what makes NATO such a powerful force is the agreement that, if you invade any NATO nation, all NATO nations
will come after you. Naturally, NATO is instrumental in keeping a peaceful world, so, naturally, Donald Trump opposes
it. He also opposes the European Union and is expected to purposely make poor trade deals with the UK in order to help them out now that they
left the EU.
- How does Trump celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day? By insulting one of MLK's right-hand men, John Lewis,
a Civil Rights leader, by saying he's
"All talk... no action or results." Meanwhile, a Mississippi city is changing MLK Day to Great
Americans Day so they can also honor Confederate General Robert E. Lee. You
can bet these are the same racists who tell Democrats to get over their loss for the presidency.
- Some Americans do get universal health care paid in full by the
US taxpayer. These are the same people are in the process of eliminating health care for everyone else in the country. Why would they take the only health care option available away from 23 million
Americans? Because they stand to personally make millions doing
so. Most Americans want to keep the Affordable Care Act, and protests are occurring all
over the country and you can see why by reading this Reddit of people who are expected to lose their coverage without any chance of
getting any more.
- The Trump administration is a bunch of dishonest bullies and cannot be trusted. Now they're threatening the ethics committee in charge of keeping them honest, exactly they type of behavior you expect
from corrupt politicians.
- Before Trump chose Betsy DeVos to head the Department of Education, a woman with no experience in education whatsoever, she belonged to a Conservative Religious organization called the Acton Institute
which in an article called, "Bring Back Child Labor," extols the virtues of eliminating protective child labor laws
and minimum wages so children can honor God with labor.
- Sure, when Trump brags that he grabs women by the pussy, it's not big deal, but when Republican Christopher von Keyserling does it, he gets
arrested for sexual assault!
- Trump and his picks are racist, incompetent, and
corrupt. Really, really corrupt.
Another victory for the Constitution as a giant Christian cross is
removed from public land.
The Oliver Twins are famous British game programmers, but not to the level of Shigeru
Miyamoto. Either way, they both had to design their first games in assembly.
David and Collet Stephan, who don't believe in medicine refused to treat their one-year-old son's meningitis (a disease he never would have acquired had he been vaccinated), even after being warned by
a medical professional, and instead tried curing him with fruit juice and maple syrup. As expected, their homemade concoction didn't work, and their son died a painful death. The couple was found guilty
of negligence, with a maximum of five years, but the father was only given four months in jail and the mother three months of house arrest. So, what did they learn from their child's death? That they
should be spokespeople and tell other parents about the wonderful health benefits
of all-natural medicine!
Skiing Ostriches aren't real, and YouTube algorithms aren't out to get you. Although,
this one might be.
You always hear Christians talking about the importance of religious freedom, but to them "freedom" means being able to force other people to abide by their Christian restrictions. Case in point, Mike
Dunn is trying to stop everyone from learning
about LGBT families because, even though they're not Catholic, he is. Interestingly, while the number of religious people in America who have come out as LGBT has remained stagnant for the past five
years, the number has increased among the non-religious, probably because, despite Christians assuring everyone that they love gay people, it is the non-religious who are actually
compassionate toward them.
A black man wearing a hooded sweatshirt was seen using what appeared to be a metal bar on a car which prompted someone to report him to the police as a suspected carjacker. The man, Lawrence Crosby,
was pulled over and, with his hands over his head, several police officers pointed their guns at him, violently tackled him to the ground, and beat him while he was down. There was just one tiny problem,
Crosby was driving his own car, and the bar he had was just a piece of his car's molding that Crosby was fixing. While the police were holding his face to the pavement, Crosby tried explaining to the
police that he had the registration of ownership. When the cops finally realized how bad it was going to look when it came out that they had just arrested and beaten an unarmed innocent black man while he
was heading to Northwestern University for his graduate engineering classes, they decided they needed to devise some phony charges quick to make him look guilty. They hauled him in for disobeying an
officer and resisting arrest, but he was eventually acquitted. Unfortunately for police, but fortunately for law-abiding citizens everywhere, the video of the police brutality has been made public.
The Evanston Police Department assures us that the abuse was done in compliance with police
- Trump's press conference was a train wreck. In addition to not
taking any important questions, his showcased plans of moving his business into a blind trust turned out to be
unmarked folders containing blank
- In addition to being a racist, Trump's pick for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, continues to believe that
only religious people can be truthful,
and that only evil people smoke marijuana. This man
- Less than a decade ago, it was perfectly legal for medical insurance companies to deny coverage to people who were sick. They could also accept your monthly payments for years until you became sick,
and drop your coverage once you started needing it. These vile tactics were practiced by most companies, but the Affordable Care Act put a stop to them. When Republicans repeal Obamacare, they're not just
going to take away the insurance of 23 million people who rely on it, they're going to eliminate these benefits
and many others from everyone,
whether you use Obamacare or not. The repeal is also expected to eliminate
about 3 million jobs. No wonder why most Americans want to
keep the ACA.
- There are millions of Native Americans who could be hired to lead the Senate's Indian Affairs Committee, but instead, Trump picked John Hoeven, a Republican who
opposes the Standing Rock protest of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- As Trump continues to praise Putin, NATO forces are deploying tanks to prevent him from
invading Europe. Meanwhile, Trump continues to claim he has never had any
dealings with Russia, but he has, for
the past 30 years.
- Trump is surrounding himself with Christians who preach the importance of being
wealthy, just like Jesus.
- Trump probably couldn't have picked a worse cabinet if he tried. He chose people who are actively trying to ruin the organization they will now lead. Despite this fact, even they think Trump's ideas
are too crazy to be followed.
- Trump continues to be a sore winner saying Clinton is, "guilty as hell," even though there is
no evidence against her.
- The problem with Trump uses the "people are saying" tactic (that is, saying any unsubstantiated claim and citing "people" as evidence), it will get
used against you.
- Obama didn't do a very good job when it came to dealing with immigrants, and Trump plans to make it worse.
- Trump is using his government position to advertise for the companies that backed him and
attack those that fought him.
Bo Bice is a racist whiny brat, and Fox "News" is racist.
What it's like for a Muslim woman to de-convert.
An elementary school in Utah is now home to an After
School Satan club.
If you're going to be judged based on your moral behavior, you'll probably want an atheist on the bench.
Republican Bill Sanderson is so insecure about his religion that he feels obligated to force everyone in his state to
pretend to believe it too.
The Thinking Atheist's 300th podcast.
- During his press conference, Donald Trump refused to take any questions from CNN calling them "fake news" because they reported on a report which shows deep ties with Russian crime bosses. Actually,
while less reputable outlets reported the details of the report, CNN did not because they haven't been
substantiated. Even Fox News agreed that CNN followed journalistic
standards. So, to punish CNN for good journalism, Trump took a softball question from the
white-supremacist website, Breitbart.
- Trump's pick for Attorney General, known racist Jeff Sessions, has claimed to work on as many as 30 civil rights cases, but when pressed for evidence, he can only find three with his name on them.
Upon further investigation, all he did was sign his name, he wasn't involved
in the slightest. Also, for the first time since 1986, you can read
the letter written by Coretta Scott King, wife of Martin Luther King, Jr., which pointed out his racism and contributed to Sessions not being allowed to
become a federal judge.
- Trump claims that, by handing his businesses over to his children, he's avoiding a conflict of interest, but the ethics panel disagrees.
And for good reason, the Emoluments Clause of the US Constitution, though vaguely worded, was specifically written to protect the nation from
people like Trump.
- I'm glad to hear that the Tennessee woman Republicans tried to imprison for giving herself an abortion is set free, but in Trump's America, this sort of this is going to happen
a lot more.
- Even without a plan in place, Republicans have taken the first step toward repealing the
Affordable Care Act.
- Trump's pick for Secretary of State, former CEO of ExxonMobil Rex Tillerson, he does not believe the scientific consensus that humans are
causing global climate change.
- Obama's totally real farewell speech.
No taxpayer money is used to pay for abortion at Planned Parenthood. In fact, abortion only accounts for 3% of what the organization does. The vast majority of Planned Parenthood includes teaching
women about their reproductive organs, giving them pregnancy and STD tests, performing medical health examinations, and selling women affordable birth control. Despite these truths, Republicans have been
trying to defund Planned Parenthood for decades.
If you believe Conservative pundits, American Christians are constantly under attack and in need of protection, but when the Christian non-profit group Open Doors ranked countries based on their level
of Christian persecution, they discovered that the USA isn't even in the top 50!
Is the United States a country? It depends on how you define "country."
Mississippi has a law requiring public schools to lead their students in a morning loyalty prayer, but that isn't enough for the state's Republicans who are demanding that they do it at the beginning
of the school day, or be fined $1,500. Once again, Republicans show that they are the party of
forced nationalism, not small
Why do we shorten the name Richard to Dick?
|Stupidity at home and abroad|
- Now that Trump is under the microscope of the press, more information is coming out about his shady business practices, and evidence for some rather shocking deals are coming to light. Was one of his
six bankruptcies settled by a Russian crime syndicate? The document in
question hasn't been verified, but it would
certainly explain his constant praise for their dictator. The FBI also spoke with Trump about
compromising personal and financial documents held by the Russians and collected by British
- Senator Cory Booker Making sure Trump's pick of known-racist Jeff Sessions doesn't go
unopposed. And these protesters are forcing Sessions to remember just how racist he is.
- Trump is anti-science and an anti-vaxxer, so naturally he picked another anti-vaxxer to lead a commission on
- Despite lying about wanting to eliminate debt, the hypocritical Republicans are trying to raise the debt ceiling by
$10 trillion in their budget.
- Trump is gaslighting America.
- NPR puts together some important questions that Trump won't answer because he doesn't
answer questions from the press, he prefers Twitter.
- Trump continues to be an ethical nightmare.
- Trump often brags about his projects being finished under-budget, but he never explains that they're under budget because he
doesn't pay his contractors.
- Democrats don't have much governmental power left, but they did enjoy forcing most of Trump's picks to disagree with pretty much all of his beliefs. Trump says he wants to water board, his picks admit
it's illegal. Trump doesn't think grabbing a woman's genitals without consent is sexual assault, his attorney general does. Trump wants to ban an entire religion from entering the country, his cabinet
says it's wrong. Trump doesn't think Russia hack America to try and help him win, his staff says they did. At the end of the day, these are all words, and I don't expect any of his scum to be honest, but
at least it's now a matter of public record that even Trump's own staff thinks he's full of
If we used milestones of human history as a basis of the common era instead of magical religious events that never happened.
Christianity continues to devolve into a religion of hate.
Rebecca Watson, psychic extraordinaire.
- During the Obama Administration, Republican Mitch McConnell demanded full background checks for everyone in Obama's cabinet, even from the most open and qualified people. Now, because Trump waited
until the last minute to put together his cabinet (because he was too
ignorant to know he even needed one), McConnell is demanding we skip background checks entirely for Trump's incompetent staff. It's great to quote him his own words to show
just hypocritical he is. The scary part is, Democrats won't be able to stop them now that
Republicans have a majority and can ruin the nation without any sane checks or balances.
- Appointing your relatives to areas of government has been such a problem that the US created laws to stop nepotism, but will that stop Trump from appointing his unqualified son-in-law, Jared Kushner,
to a senior adviser in the White House?
- Just a reminder, Betsy DeVos, who Trump put in charge of US education, has no experience as a teacher, never attended public schools, never let her children attend public schools, is
hated by teachers, and made a huge mess of
Michigan public schools. She still has yet to be
appointed because she her ethics review is taking a long time because she has so many
potential conflicts of interest.
- When you're too stupid to know that the Affordable Care Act and Obamacare are the same thing, so you celebrate the repeal of Obamacare even though you
rely on the Affordable Care Act.
- Trump's cabinet gets yet another racist blogger.
- In Trump's America, transgendered people are barred and harassed at public restroom, but in reality Republican politicians are
more likely to sexually assault you.
If there is a god, it is the god of cancer.
Although the US is not officially at war, we still dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016 alone, almost entirely in the Middle East. I wonder how many innocent people were
murdered by the US?
Matt Dillahunty and Richard Dawkins have a chat.
Aron Ra and The Thinking Atheist's 300th episode.
|Sail past reality|
MAG Fest 2017 was wonderful, but incredibly exhausting. I only slept about 16 hours total from Thursday to Monday. Watched a lot of great panels on videogames and
music, bought a lot of new audio, and made some new friends. Looking forward to next year!
- If your companies are always on the verge of bankruptcy due to crippling debt the way Trump's are, you're
not a good businessman. No
wonder Trump is still in trouble with the
Office of Government Ethics.
- Though I doubt Trump will bite, most Americans want a single-payer health care plan like that
promoted by Bernie Sanders.
- Trump's pick for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, has ruined the Michigan school system, and now she gets to
ruin the nation's
- Much of the US has a crumbling infrastructure, roads are full of potholes, and bridges are collapsing, but, by all means, keep out the brown people by
building a giant wall.
- The Trump cabinet thinks people shouldn't try to vet his picks. To them, if Trump picked them, they must be trustworthy, and can't possibly have conflicts of interest. Never mind that, just like the
liar Trump, they refuse to release their financial records to the
public, even though Republicans demanded that from Obama's picks. Of course, for the
information that is available, we know that Trump's picks are largely dishonest. Take his national communication security pick, Monica Crowley, whose book is
filled with plagiarism.
- Artists around the world continue to point out Donald Trump's bullying, and he responds by bullying them further.
- I admire people who can change their mind when they're presented with new evidence. I despise people who change their mind for political gain; people like Trump. Thankfully, in this era, the evidence
is here to stay.
- Why did so many white Christians vote for Trump? Because they long for the good old days
When Republicans were voted into power in all areas of Kentucky's government, they didn't waste any time creating new laws to fix the state's problem. No, not by reducing debt, transferring to green
energy, or eliminating bureaucracy, that's not what it means to be a Republican. Their first order of business is
stripping women of their rights.
A great comic about why Planned Parenthood is so important.
It's important to point out how often movies or TV shows depict a character uses a lot of drugs as someone who has lost their way and is in need of saving when they're white, but when they're black
they're a criminal.
Adam talks about how we're already ruining the world with climate change, why electric cars
won't solve the problem, and why corporations try to trick you into think trash is
an individual's problem.
It may be cold where you are right now, but it's not nearly cold enough to prevent a massive crack in the Antarctic ice that will drift into the ocean, melt, and
cause sea levels to rise.
Epic Rap Battles of History presents Tony Hawk versus Wayne Gretzky and Teddy Roosevelt
versus Winston Churchill.
Poor Simone Giertz is losing her sponsors because they don't like her saying things like shit and fuck.
Sometimes it's difficult to stop Christians from using tax-payer dollars to proselytize because they do it behind closed doors, like when an audit revealed that Republican Micah Neal accepted bribes
in exchange for giving $600,000 in tax money to
Christian colleges. That's why it's so refreshing when they create YouTube videos where they
admit to breaking the law.
If the British Empire were still intact today, they'd be crazy rich.
Timothy and Sarah Johnson let their 7-year-old son die of pancreatitis because they preferred to pray for a miracle cure rather than
take him to a doctor.
|Flight of dragons soar in a purple sky|
I begin my journey to MAG Fest tonight to submerse myself in videogame music for 96-hours straight. Catch you nerds on Monday!
- More of this. Protest everything Trump does so people never forget that the majority of Americans do not want him.
- In addition to being a racist, misogynist, and bigot, Trump is also a bully. Much like a schoolboy, Trump insults people with far less power. And now, Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer, asks
America to stop mocking him. Trump deserves ridicule because he is
ridiculous. His ideas are stupid and his behavior is crude, he has no redeeming qualities, and things he does deserve scorn.
- Neo-Nazis are planning an armed march through a small town in Montana, the home of white supremacist Richard Spencer, the same man who led the "Heil Trump" protest in D.C. The purpose of the march is
to protest is to create a show of force to terrorize Jewish families so much that they'll
leave their homes.
- China's state media is trying to explain to Trump why Twitter is not a useful platform for
- Even George W. Bush's EPA head, Republican Christine Todd Whitman, is afraid of Trump's environmental recklessness.
- Rather than try and repeal Obamacare directly, which would just result in filibusterer after filibusterer, Republicans are trying to defund Obamacare by stripping out every part that helps the
low and middle class.
- The Washington Post has a great article on Trump's Attorney General,
Jeff Sessions. It recounts his inability to
join a Senate committee because of his liberal use of the N-word, his opposition to even legal forms of immigration, as well as his anti-science approach to environmentalism. The one thing the article is
missing is his anti-woman stance. For example, Sessions explained that Trump's claim that he had grabbed women's vagina's without their consent
should not be considered sexual assault and he voted
against the bi-partisan Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013.
- Just a quick recap of the awfulness of the 2016 election.
- When Trump lies, the media needs to call him out on it!
Minute Physics did a great video series with Sean Carroll about Big Picture physics: 1.) Why doesn't time flow backwards?,
2.) Do cause and effect really exist?, 3.) Where does complexity come from?,
4.) How entropy powers the Earth, and What is the purpose of life?.
The Detroit Free Press makes a good point, maybe if we renamed the city of Flint to Benghazi, Congress would
re-open the case!
All popular Christmas songs have one thing in common, their music.
Philomena Cunk is the queen of deadpan.
|Doom and gloom|
Over the weekend, I had a great New Year's with friends, got a lot of preparation done for MAG Fest, finished reading Amy Poehler's autobiography "Yes Please," and I beat,
"You Have to Win the Game."
- After it became clear that the Russian government was responsible for infiltrating the US and influencing the presidential election, Obama rightly kicked Russian intelligence agents out of the
country. US officials have even found Russian spy-ware on computers in control of the US electrical grid. Putin decided to hold off on
kicking American intelligence agents in Russia until Trump took office, probably
because he expects Trump to be a pushover. This led Trump to once again praise the Russian dictator.
- Republicans voted to eliminate the Congressional House Ethics
Committee, and put themselves in charge of whether they were doing anything illegal. However, after receiving a lot of negative press, insults from Democrats, and even some Republicans, they decided
to reverse their decision. It does let us know what they truly want though.
- A brief run down of when Donald Trump declared bankruptcy,
- Paul Ryan, and the Republican Party are working to eliminate Medicare and Obamacare, and since the programs have been successful, the only way they can convince people to accept their destruction is
to outright lie about them.
- And just another reminder, vaccines do not cause autism, but a third of Trump supporters
wrongfully believe they do.
Likewise, Trump is equally as misinformed, and I'm not going to be shocked if he appoints Jenny McCarthy to head the CDC.
- What could change your mind about Trump? A look at what he's done, and what he'd have to do to become less of a
harbinger of doom.
- Obama's New Year's posts were inspiring showcasing all of the progress that was made in the past eight years. Trump's was yet another divisive post of
hate and insult.
- Donald Trump believes, quite wrongfully, that "torture works," and he's not alone.
- Trump's Twitter account is a national embarrassment.
- American coal miners who voted for Trump to bring back the coal industry are afraid that he won't be able to deliver, and they should be. He really
won't be able to deliver. And it's not just because natural gas has been replacing
coal for several decades now, but also because green energy like solar continues to be
cheaper and more effective.
Texas lost it's "Most backward state in the Union" trophy to Indiana, but have not fear, they're working on their own
discriminatory bathroom bill.
No, computer screens are not breaking your child.
Michigan Republicans once again show that they are the exact opposite of small government, using state authority to ban cities from making their own laws to help
combat pollution and litter.
An honest look at your New Year's party.
Turns out Richard Nixon purposely ruined the Vietnam peace talks for political gain, a maneuver which cost countless
American and Vietnamese lives.
The problem with all maps.
Father Andrea Contin is a priest and an orgy pimp. Police seized an assortment of sex toys and pornographic videos from the priest's personal belongings and numerous allegations of him acting as a
pimp have been brought up. Worse yet, the church explained that they have known about this for half a year, but
hid it from the police.
|Not with a bang, but with a whimper|
- Some of the technical details of the Russian hack of the Democratic National Convention computers is being
made available. Obama said, "All Americans should be alarmed by Russia's actions," and the FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, and 14 other national security agencies are in agreement. The only
person who is still ignoring this threat is Donald Trump who still doesn't believe the Russians are involved, but said he will finally meet with government intelligence next week if it will
placate America. He dismissed Obama's sanctions against Russia with an almost coherent
sentence, saying, "I think we ought to get on with our lives. I think that computers have complicated lives very greatly. The whole, you know, age of computer has made it where nobody knows exactly what's
going on. We have speed, we have a lot of other things, but I'm not sure we have the kind the security that we need." He will
be our leader.
- Trump inaugural party has been having a lot of trouble finding artists willing to perform for them, but they were able to secure the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. However, one singer in the choir explained
that performing for Trump would not only severely damage the choir's image, but she wouldn't be able to look herself in the mirror anymore if she had to perform for such an immoral man. So, she bravely
decided to resign from the choir. Hopefully, other Mormons in the choir will realize their
morality is more important than their political affiliation and do the same.
- Speaking of a lack of morals, Trump has chosen a "prosperity gospel" preacher, one of those people who says the best way to prove your love to God is to
give them lots of money. Two peas in
a pod, really.
- Sprint recently announced that the company is creating 5,000 new jobs, but this doesn't mean much considering they laid off 8,000 people in the past couple years. Either way, Donald Trump is taking
credit for it, even though he had nothing to do with it.
- Trump's advisor, Anthony Scaramucci, not only denies climate change, but believes the Earth is 6,000-years-old.
Vera Ruben, the scientist who discovered dark matter has died. She never did win a Nobel Prize for her discovery because the committee was too busy awarding the prize to more important discoveries
like, blue LEDs.
Why do men have such a hard time understanding consent? Probably because nearly every movie they've ever seen shows a man sexually assaulting a woman to make her
fall in love with him.
Wanna melt something? Check out the strongest acids in the world.
Why is it so important that governments do not control the Internet? Because in 2016, governments around the world shut down access to the Internet for their citizens over 50 times, often to hide
evidence of their human rights violations and prevent people from protesting.
What's the deal with Fahrenheit?
Aron Ra fails to get good at street epistemology.
|And all that jazz|
- Not that I expect him to answer, but US Senators are asking General Scott Pruitt (Trump's pick for the head of the EPA) to disclose his connections to the energy industry. Why? Because when the man in
charge of our clean air and water is paid by the highly polluting coal industry,
that's a big problem! The same is true with Rex Tillerson (Trump's
pick for Secretary of State) who is the current CEO of Exxon, one of the most environmentally destructive companies in
- Obama has kicked several Russian operatives out of the country and has cut back on the amount of intelligence the US is willing to share with the country as punishment for their
interference with our election. I wonder if Trump will welcome his friends back with open arms when he
- Obamacare has been on the Republican chopping block ever since it was announced, and now that they're in charge, you can bet they'll axe it as soon as possible. The only problem is, in their several
wasted years of trying to kill it, they never bothered to come up with anything better. And now, it looks like it will be eliminated (along with Medicare) long before anything new is created to take its
place. So, all of Trump's poorly educated and poor in finance voters who have been relying on Medicare and Obamacare are going to have their insurance taken away, including the type of coverage
they need the most, and if they're
sick, they will have no option to get more. I can't be too upset for them because they did this to themselves, but I'm very upset about all the sane Hillary voters who will also lose their insurance
because of the stupidity of Trump supporters.
You should learn a second language, even if it's only to understand the hidden jokes in movies.
End of year list of the top ten most popular pages at The Friendly Atheist.
Rebecca Watson calls bullshit on the "studies" that claim Facebook makes you depressed.
Secular politics in Utah have increased enough to warrant a Secular Caucus.
To honor Carrie Fisher, here is one of her Star Wars audition tapes.
|Entering the world of ruin|
- You're probably just as shocked as me about this, but Trump's "charity" is currently under investigation for corruption, as he may have been siphoning money out of it illegally to cover the costs of
his lawsuits, contribute to his political campaign, and to buy sports memorabilia and paintings of himself. Under the guise of eliminating conflicts of interest (now he cares?), Trump tried and dissolve
the charity to prevent the investigation, but this same tactic has been used by many criminals before him and is
protected against by law enforcement. To try and cover his ass, Trump took to Twitter and claimed to
have donated millions to his charity, but the charity's own records show that Trump didn't
donate a cent from 2009-2014. In fact, the largest donation came from pro-wrestling's Linda McMahon, a donation which
bought her a place on Trump staff.
- Republican and Trump Supporter, Carl Paladino, responded to Artvoice's 2017 survey by saying he hoped Michelle Obama would, "return to being a male and [be] let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where
she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla," and also said that hoped Barack Obama would die from mad cow disease. In his apology, Paladino explained that he had only meant to write that for
his (equally racist) friends, and not to share it with Artvoice!
- Donald Trump thinks he can make his own Internet meme. Nope!
What Neoliberalism is, and how it helped ruin America.
Creationists argue that they are scientific, but the way they conduct themselves is entirely non-scientific. In science, you start with observations, make hypotheses, then create and conduct
falsifiable tests to see if the hypothesis is correct. From there you create theories and forever update them as new information is presented. Creationism, on the other hand, starts with a conclusion
which is regarded as unquestionable truth and then looks for evidence to support that truth, while ignoring all evidence to the contrary. You can see just how non-scientific this is by looking at a list
of Creationist achievements for 2016; they're all about preaching,
none are about science.
Adam ruins the McDonalds coffee lawsuit and the public defender system.
Naughty church sign.
Ironically, the holy day of Christmas is mostly about greed and lying.
You should know about Murasaki Shikibu.
|CAT scan prep doesn't taste good.|
Had a CAT scan yesterday regarding the pain in my lower-right abdomen that hasn't gone away in over a year. They're not as fun as people make it out to be. Also finished reading Richard Feynman's "What
Do You Care What Other People Think?" and Sam Harris's "Free Will."
- Republican tantrums shut down all areas of the government, not just when they officially shut it down, but
also by obstructing the president from appointing judges. And I'm sorry to say, but these tantrums worked. By preventing democrats from being able to do their jobs and crying big crocodile tears of failed
promises, ignorant Americans fell for the Republican trap. But we're not just losing a
Supreme Court judge, Republicans also prevented Obama from appointing over
100 other judges around the country at various levels of authority. Now Trump gets to
fill them all.
No doubt Trump will apply the same clarity and foresight he used when assembling his crack team of billionaire
cronies to head organizations they know nothing about, so America can expect to be punished by white Christian male voters long after the radioactive orange turd gets flushed.
- The United Nations is the largest political organization in the world with 193 nations as members (including the USA which is a founding
member). It includes the General Assembly which allows all nations to speak to each other, the International Court of Justice which has peacefully ended disputes that would otherwise have lead to wars,
the World Bank which has prevented global economic depressions, the World Health Organization which and has successfully stamped out smallpox, polio, and leprosy from most of the world, the World Food
Programme which has saved millions of lives from starvation, the UN Committee on Decolonization which has helped many colonies become independent nations, and many many other organizations. While it's not
without its problems, the UN has been a strong force for good in the world. And then there is Trump, ever the ignorant prat, who says the UN "is just a club for people to get together, talk and have a
good time. So sad!" Trump is human garbage.
- When Mussolini became the fascist dictator for life over Italy, the US media seemed okay with it. When Hitler rose to power in Germany, the US media said he was a silly barker, but now that he was in
government, he'd have to tone himself down. Dorothy Thompson explained in 1935, "no people ever recognize their dictator in advance," but we can
learn from their mistakes and not let Trump become a dictator. Thankfully, Trump's incompetence
may keep him from becoming a tyrant, as he keeps mocking the nation's intelligence agencies.
- The USA has the most expensive health care in the world, but it's also one of the worst. Obama made things a lot better with the Affordable Care Act, but Republican obstructionists blocked it at every
turn and prevented it from being the force it needed to be to succeed. Unfortunately, with Republicans in charge, things are only going to get worse, and for many people,
they already have.
- How can Trump be a hero of the working class when he has a long history of
not paying his employees?
Ada Lovelace was a genius who created the first computer program.
Tucker Carlson is either a genuine dishonest sexist moron or offers a flawless impersonation of a dishonest sexist moron.
Mississippi Christians fight for legal protection claiming Jesus requires them to discriminate
against the LGBT, but they had no problem voting for the guy
who loves money more than his third wife and can't name a single bible passage.
Cheetah numbers are dropping toward extinction.
Aron Ra discusses the fundamental fallacies of faith.
Mr. Deity explains the Mormon Church's racist history.
|Happy boxing day|
- Trump doubles down on nuclear proliferation telling the world, "Let the arms race begin!"
Cue end of the world music.
- Senator Joseph McCarthy, a Republican Catholic, will forever live on in history as an American villain. His life was spent on a witch hunt,
labeling homosexuals and Liberal politicians as enemies of the state, often leading to their wrongful arrest and imprisonment. In many ways Trump is taking his lead from this American villain, working in
secret, creating lists of enemies whom he feels aren't "American" enough because they don't hate Muslims or Mexicans as much as he, and those scientists who don't share his idiotic views on climate
change. And now, he's refusing to say why he wants the names of everyone who was been working to counter violent extremists.
- Our upcoming president has some very wrong beliefs about climate change.
- Trump has been having a lot of trouble getting performance artists to show up at his inauguration party. His star-filled lineup consists of household names such as
some oldies cover band, someone who calls himself "DJ
Freedom," and the Rockettes, whose boss had to be reminded them that boycotting the event is
invalid. I'll bet it's going to be off the hook!
- It's not a good sign when you and your teams have several sex scandals begin
you can even take office.
- Mr. Deity talks about the election results.
What it feels like to get stung by a bullet ant.
A spoken-word poem about the importance of science and the problem of religion; Gravity.
In a time that Conservatives call post-truth and claim that any news that isn't Conservative news
must be fake, fact-checking web sites like Snopes are a
candle in the dark.
Feminist Frequency reviews Rouge One.
A pretty cool look at what goes on behind the scenes on SNL during the opening credits.
Another one of Reza Aslan's terrible arguments shot down.
|God, I hate him|
- In the Cold War Era, the nuclear capabilities of the USA and USSR led to a long painful standoff, each constantly in fear of a nuclear holocaust
from the other. After wasting billions building up arsenals, the two finally started to wise up and began dismantling
their bombs and after reaching a peak of 77,000 nuclear warheads in the late 1980s (enough to vaporize the entire surface of the planet), we've finally reduced the amount back down to a 1965 level
(still around 15,000). Enter Donald Trump, who can't be trusted with a pointy stick, let alone a nuclear bomb; unable to learn from historical mistakes, his goal is to
up our nuclear stockpile not comprehending the irony of his statement, "The US must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding
nukes." But this is not the 1950s anymore, there are now eight nations with nuclear bombs including Russia, China,
Pakistan, and possibly North Korea, and the more players involved, the less likely a war will remain cold.
- The new Ebola vaccine is extremely effective. Too bad
Trump is an anti-vaxxer.
- This explains Trumps terrible picks. He's not interested in experience or competence, he's interested
- Breitbart News (once run by Trump's new chief strategist, and known white nationalist, Steve Bannon), The Blaze, and Fox News, each misinformation factories, have been spreading a lie that a Jewish
family canceled a Christmas play. This
shoddy reporting will only add fuel to
the growing Neo-Nazi threat emboldened by Trump's election.
- Horrible events like Brexit, the fall of Allepo, and Trump's presidency have caused a huge drop in the belief in
Adam Ruins Christmas from buying gifts, to It's a Wonderful Life, and especially
its Pagan roots.
Responding to street harassers by making them feel uncomfortable is hilarious and empowering.
What happens when you drop a watermelon off a tower when it's coated in a truck bed-liner?
Nebraska has a pretty impressive promotion of atheism and Humanism at their
Captain Disillusion debunks another fake Internet video.
|More of the same|
- White Supremacists of Montana, motivated by Trump's election, have published the names and personal information of local Jews requiring the police to
step up their patrols.
- Hillary Clinton's popular vote has now surpassed 2%.
She should have won. There is no excuse.
- An interesting primer on how republics end, not with a bang, but with a whimper.
- Trump may think he's bulletproof from corruption charges now that he's going to be president, but laws will
still apply to him.
For the first time in US history, non-religious people are given government protected from discrimination.
Republican Rick Synder has increased his legal budget to protect him from all the Flint who are trying to sue him for poisoning their drinking water. Ironically, because
Snyder is Governor, the citizens of Flint are in part paying to defend him
from their own lawsuit.
Texas Republicans have officially defunded Planned Parenthood. Not a very wise
choice for the state with the highest rate of teen pregnancy, and the highest rate of repeat teen pregnancy!
Two of my favorite scrappy STEM females hav new videos, Simone Giertz and Alex
|All I want for Christmas is a new president elect|
- If a foreign power takes a military vehicle while it is in an agreed upon international area, the correct response is to demand its immediate return. But, if you're incompetent, you might tell them
to just go ahead keep your property, even if it means losing state secrets. Sounds like something Trump would do.
- When we look at how dictators rise to power throughout history, we find that they look just like Donald Trump.
- Trump's new budget director, Republican Mick Mulvaney, isn't so sure the government should be spending money on such frivolous things as
- Although there are some prominent Republicans who don't think Russia's cyber-attacks are important enough to even believe, the majority of Congress is in agreement that we need to investigate this
problem thoroughly. So, Republican leader Mitch McConnell responds by refusing to create a
special investigative committee.
- Despite its shortcomings, the Affordable Care Act is a success. No wonder Trump wants to eliminate
- The Washington Post is calling it now, Trump's presidency will be a new low for
- Obama, along with Canada, is banning off-shore drilling for the northern coasts. This is good news, although, I'm sure Trump will reverse
- If your advisor believes the Earth is only 6,000-years-old, you probably shouldn't trust his position on
- Oh great, now look who Trump is appointing!
- Christian leaders continue to destroy their own religion by
tying it to Donald Trump.
Samantha Bee covers North Carolina's Republican's abuse of democracy, confronts the Conservative argument of helping veterans before
helping immigrants, and talks to a recently apologetic Glenn Beck.
Flint's water crisis investigation is over. The Republican team concluded that blame should not fall on the Republican Governor who usurped Flint's elected officials or his appointed Republican who
forced the city to use water that caused a toxic increase in lead. No, the Republicans point the finger at the EPA, and suggest fixing the problem by taking away research money that is supposed to be used
to study climate change.
Why your mass doesn't come from the Higgs boson.
Rebecca Thering's interesting journey out of religion.
Vsauce talks about centripetal force.
Forcing victims of sex trafficking to become Christian does not
Simon's Cat enjoys bed sheets.
Oklahoma Republicans are trying to use taxpayer money to put up anti-abortion advertisements
in public bathrooms.
|Things did not improve while I was away|
- Probably the scariest thing that happened while I was on vacation is that now both the FBI and CIA are in agreement that Russia is actively involved in cyber-warfare against the USA, that they
succeeded in helping get Donald Trump elected, and that the hacks point to the highest levels of Russian government,
specifically Putin, a dictator whom Trump refuses to denounce and has even complimented.
In 2014, Trump thought Russian hacking was a big problem, but now that it's helping him, he and several other
prominent Republicans are refusing
to believe the existence of this clear and present danger. To add some much-needed levity to our
country's dwindling cyber-security, Stephen Colbert interviews Trump.
- Although it had the largest number of detractors in over 100 years, the Electoral College electors still voted in
favor of Trump proving wrong one of the main arguments in the College's favor (that it can prevent a demagogue from seizing control). Meanwhile, Trump continues to lie claiming his Electoral College
victory was a historic landslide victory, when, it fact, it ranks near the bottom
(46th out of 58 presidential elections). But what can expect from a man
who, before he won due to the Electoral College said it was a "disaster," but after it allowed him to win, called it,
- If you still haven't wet your pants, just a quick reminder, you know that massive surveillance state that Obama has spent the past eight years strengthening? Well, in a month, it will be under the
control of Donald Trump.
- Trump claims that other rich people don't like him because he's all about the working man, so why did he appoint to his cabinet so many billionaires who
ruin blue-collar jobs.
- Trump has been demanding the names of scientists and officials who have been working with the Department of Energy to help solve the world's climate change problem. Since Trump is so anti-science,
specifically anti-climate change, he probably wants the names so he can fire/punish them, but the Department of Energy has thankfully refused to
hand them over. Although, Trump may get those names anyway now that he chose Rick Perry, the guy who couldn't even remember the Department of Energy when he was listing off which departments he would
eliminate, to be its leader.
- Trump's Carrier failure continues to get worse, and how many other companies will get
- Even the US government is telling Trump he needs to divest himself from his businesses to avoid corruption. Of course, he won't, because he
is corrupt. But Newt Gingrich has a way to solve that problem, simply
change US laws to allow for corruption!
Seth Meyers weighs in on the despicable destruction of democracy at the hands of North Carolina Republicans, and the ignorance of the climate
at the hands of Republicans, and good old fashioned American racism.
Ohio's insane abortion bill was not signed into law, but the state Republicans still passed a law banning all abortion
after 20 weeks.
A lot of reporters, and even some politicians, are trying to figure out why Democrats lost the election, and one of their arguments (though they don't word it this way) is, "calling racists racist
means they're less likely to vote for you, so we should stop calling racists racist." To be fair, there are a lot of racists in the US, and their voter block made the biggest contribution to Trump's
election, but should we really stop calling racists racist? Shouldn't we address some of the known problems first? Problems like gerrymandering, low minority turn out, the Electoral College, and Russian
hackers? Samantha Bee explains it well. Rather than ignore racism, why not learn about it? Why not realize that you're racist, and educate
yourself on what you can do to change? You can do this by watching, Jane Elliot's blue-eyed experiment.
|Get me outta here!|
Between work, this election, and the snow, I'm in much need of a vacation, and I will be enjoying the next six days in Sunny California. See you all on Tuesday.
- Trump has a press conference scheduled for Thursday to talk about his many... MANY conflicts of interest and massive
debts, and I'm sure he will assuage our fears of corruption, but then, aw,
screw America! Turns out, Trump's so busy filling his new cabinet, he
doesn't have time to talk about his rampant corruption. And why didn't he have a cabinet ready in the first place? Oh right, because nobody on his team, including Trump, knew they needed to
hire a cabinet!
- Trump's pick for Secretary of State is Rex Tillerson. For the past 41 years Tillerson has worked for ExxonMobil. Tillerson has strong ties with Russia. Tillerson has never worked in politics. He will
now be the country's chief diplomat.
- Presidents have been having daily intelligence briefings for the past 50 years so they can understand the most important matters of
national security. Trump has decided that these matters are not worth his time and
has delegated these briefs to his underlings so he can focus on more important matters, like producing the Celebrity Apprentice.
- Trump claims, unless you catch a hacker in the act, you can't know what nation they were hacking from, showing that he knows as much about computers as he does being a president. He then asked, why
didn't anyone talk about Russian hacking before the election? So, Buzzfeed compiled several months worth of reports of Russian election hacking, including the time Trump begged Russians to hack Americans,
when his own VP acknowledged Russian hacking, and when Clinton brought it up to him during the
presidential the debates. Has trump just been sleeping this whole time?
- How did Clinton lose her huge lead in the polls before the election? One event that coincides well with her drop in popularity is when the FBI director and Trump supporter, James Comey, falsely
claimed the FBI had new information about her non-existent email scandal.
- Republicans have been dead set on repealing the Affordable Care Act for nearly a decade, and now, with a government run entirely by Republicans, that's going to happen. There's just one tiny problem,
in all these years they've been trying to repeal Obamacare, they never thought to come up with a plan to replace it. Now, 20 million people rely on Obamacare, and when Trump gets his way, they will all
lose their health insurance. How do they plan on avoiding this catastrophe? Republican's are betting that it will take two years to repeal Obamacare, and, in that time, they hope they will have
come up with a solution.
- Tips on how you can criticize the women in Trump's cabinet without being sexist explained through
Goofus and Gallant comics.
Pew Forum published the results of an interesting poll which shows education levels among various religious groups including the gaps between the sexes which have been closing, and in some cases,
women are surpassing men. A not-so-shocking result shows that, although Christians are well educated world-wide, they are the
least educated religious group in the USA. Hey, they're also the
Pamela Ramsey Taylor, the racist who lives in a 98% white county, was fired after calling Michelle Obama an "ape in heels." Taylor later apologized for the comment and explained that what she said had
nothing to do with race insisting she was only trying to say that, compared to how classy and attractive Melania Trump looks, Michelle Obama looks like an ape in heels. Well, after that heart-felt
apology, Taylor was rehired by the Clay County Development Corporation!
More songs from the new season
of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is one of the largest accounting companies in the world, and since they deal with other people's money all day, you would think security would be high on their list. Well,
a security firm was investigating PwC's software and found a gaping hole that could allow a hacker to essentially steal their client's investments. As security companies are wont to do, they gave a
detailed report of the flaw to PwC and explained that they would make the flaw public in three months. This gives PwC enough time to fix the problem, but also prevents them from ignoring their
responsibility to their customers who trust them. PwC took a very Microsoft style approach. Rather than rush to fix the problem, they instead slapped the security firm with a lawsuit telling them never to
tell anyone about the PwC security flaw. When that didn't work, PwC tried a second lawsuit, but in this age of information, news spreads fast, and now the whole Internet knows that PwC has no inclination
to fix its own security holes or even to find them in the first place, but instead attacks the people who help their
incompetent security team.
If you're thinking of weathering the Trump presidency with drugs, be warned, here's what happens to your body when you're drunk and stoned at the
|Swirling down the drain...|
- During his presidential campaign, Trump begged Russians to hack an American politician, and sure enough, the CIA is now stating that Russia did indeed
hack various US computers for what is
presumed to be to help get Trump elected. Traditional Republicans are denouncing Russia, like Lindsey Graham who said every American
should be alarmed and John McCain even went as far as to
call their hacking a "form of warfare." Even ten of the electors of the Electoral College are demanding to see
intelligence reports before they cast their vote for president on the 19th. Meanwhile, Trump
refuses to believe any of it, which is probably related to his refusal to
even listen to intelligence reports prepared by the CIA, FBI, and US military. Why? Because, in the fantasy kingdom where he lives,
he's, like, a smart person.
- Melania Trump has said her project as First Lady will be to fight against bullying, so I guess she'll have to fight her husband every day because he's a
huge bully who doesn't speak out against his followers who send death threats to
- Trump is still lying that he won in a landslide even though Clinton took the majority of the popular vote 48.0% to Trump's
- Here's a sentence that I expect to use a lot over the next four years: Donald Trump is a
petulant, thin-skinned, and vindictive man-child.
- Gary Cohn, COO of Goldman Sachs and one of the bankers directly responsible for the 2008 economic depression was picked by Trump to direct his
- The media has a long history of normalizing fascist dictators in their rise to power, and we see the same thing with Trump. They make him out to be a silly clown who will be forced to fall in line
once he's elected, but don't call him out as the dangerous monster he really
- The number of coal miners has diminished, not because of immigrants or Democrats, partially because traditional mining has been replaced by fracking and strip-mining (which require far-fewer jobs), and
partially because of green energy like solar and wind. The only way Trump can get back mining jobs is to either outlaw solar energy or to outlaw fracking and strip-mining, and I doubt he can do either.
Which means, like all of the rest of his promises, it was a lie that the angry ignorant white man bought
hook, line, and sinker.
- Actual quotes of Trump on naked women's bodies.
This nurse claims she was fired for being a Christian, but really, she was fired because she kept trying to force her religion
down her patient's throats. Kind of like Todd Starnes
saying this school had their first amendment rights violated by taking down a student's poster which promoted a bible verse (it's actually all the students of the school who had their
first amendment rights violated. Why is it
Kellogg stopped displaying advertisements on the anti-Semitic white nationalist website Breitbart (where one of Trump's cabinet members worked), to which the racists running Breitbart complained
somehow violated their freedom of speech.
This Christian Pastor went into his mall where children were lined up to meet Santa and began preaching that parents shouldn't lie to their children about Santa, they should lie to them
What happens when you shake up a pop can and open it on the ocean floor?
Adam explains why the Internet is good for society and how Facebook uses intrusive
Why is it so many Christians pretend they have degrees?
|It was bound to happen, we elected a reality TV star to the presidency|
- Trump has no experience or background in government, foreign policy, national security, or counter-terrorism, and yet he still skips 6 out of 7 of the intelligence briefings
prepared for him.
- After the head of the union at Carrier called Trump out on his lies, Trump took to Twitter to attack him directly, and the entire workers union for being too lazy to keep their jobs
in America. A true cyberbully of the people.
- Tom Price, Trump's pick for the Department of Health and Human Services, has worked to criminalize abortion and
eliminate access to birth control. I doubt the majority of the women who voted for Trump
are following his politics, but they really shot themselves in the groin with this one.
- Thanks to Trump, racism has become fresh and bold.
- After Obama described what being president entails, Trump said it was more work than he had expected (it's always good when your new boss doesn't know what they have to do). The new president could
put our apprehension at ease by pledging to focus on his career, but instead, Trump has decided to continue being the producer of his lame TV show,
Celebrity Apprentice. When asked about his moonlighting, his advisor explained
that Trump will work on the television show during all the copious amounts of free time that come with the job.
- Stephen Colbert comments on how Trump is a whining child as well as the dangers of morons like him
spreading fake news.
Conservatives who cry about having to be politically correct have their own form of political correctness where they aren't ever allowed to criticize the USA or Republicans, and they must speak ill of
all their perceived enemies like Mexicans or Muslims, the term has been dubbed
In addition to outlawing abortion, Ohio is trying to ban minimum wage increase laws at the
city level. Can we call Ohio a Southern State now?
Bohemian Rhapsody, the gritty melodrama.
Republican Sid Miller of Texas has been using his government Facebook page to post lies from fake news sites. When confronted by this, he said he doesn't see a problem with posting false statements
from his government page because he's not a news outlet, and that his Facebook page is like Fox News, he reports, and his readers decide if his post is true or not. Well, I guess I have to agree that his
his journalistic rigor is on par with Fox "News." Speaking of Fox, a survey from the
Morning Consult shows that Americans think Fox "New" is one of the most dishonest media sources, just slightly less than the purposely satire news of
An actual tail of a dinosaur has been found preserved in amber for almost 100,000,000 years. As expected, it's
covered in feathers.
Some of the more interesting maps.
Daryl Davis is a black man who talks one-on-one with KKK members in an effort to get them to
give up their hatred.
Russia is so corrupt, they can't even play sports without cheating.
Another Christian group claims that a giant cross is not a
symbol of Christianity.
Ex-Muslim Sarah Haider critiques Islam.
|I wish this were fantasy|
- Trump is Time's "person of the year," which doesn't mean they're saying he's a good person, since Trump is sharing a stage with other dictators like Joseph Stalin, Ayatollah Khomeini, and, of course,
Adolf Hitler. And it is from the photo of Hitler that the photographer seems to have taken inspiration for the
photo of Trump.
- Trump and other Republicans continue to lie about voter fraud, and yesterday, Michigan Republicans approved a new law to help combat
voter fraud. This must come as a shock to them, because on the very same day they
won their argument to stop the Michigan election recount because there was
no evidence of voter fraud.
- Samanthaa Bee points out more of Trump's corruption and lies.
- Trump's VP, Mike Pence thinks that if a mother has a career, she is damaging her child's emotional growth. Funny, he didn't say anything about working fathers
damaging their children. And even though Trump lost to Clinton by a huge margin of votes, Pence
repeats Trump's lie that he was mandated by the people.
- Trump's pick for head of the Environmental Protection Agency is Scott Pruitt, is a Christian lawyer and climate change denier with strong ties to the
oil and gas industry. But at least he's picking more military leaders in his cabinet, I hope Trump supporters are
looking forward to another
war. But wait, there's more! He also picked a professional wrestling founder to lead Small Business Administration, because we need more
WWE in America.
- The Weather Channel calls out Breitbart and the whole Trump circus for misusing their data to mislead readers saying, the "Earth is not cooling, climate change is real and please stop using our video
to mislead Americans."
- Edward Snowden talks about the importance of privacy in the era of Trump.
Ohio Republicans have passed a bill that outlaws
abortion after 6 weeks, often before women even know they're pregnant, even for women who became pregnant after being raped by their fathers. Conservatives are calling this the Heartbeat Bill because
six weeks signifies around the point in gestation when the fetus's heart starts pumping blood. Of course, this is entirely meaningless, as your heart has nothing to do with your personality or identity,
and it's only ignorant people who believe they "love with their heart."
Adam ruins the Wild West.
Samantha Bee addresses the problems with fake news.
Pointing out all the racism in Mormonism.
A woman teaches one of her critics how to make a sandwich.
|Is this real life?|
- Trump promised to bring back blue-collar jobs to the Rust Belt, but this isn't going to happen, and it's not just because so many business owners like Trump buy their products from overseas, it's also
because automation has made the factory worker as relevant as the travel agent. In order to succeed with his promises, Trump not only has to convince businesses to relocate and pay drastically more for
production costs, but he also has to convince them to trash their robots and replace them with people.
- It's shocking, I know, but Republican politicians are unprincipled sellouts. They pretty much universally panned Trump during the election, but now
- Racist Tomi Lahren defends Trump's racism with more racism.
- We are going to have a president who is citing teenagers and random Americans as proof that the media is conspiring against him.
- This is precisely why sane presidents don't go on the radio shows of mentally unstable conspiracy theorists like
- Who would have thought that most dishonest president in recent history would lie about his election? No, his election was not a mandate from
the people, and he certainly didn't win in a landslide, but rather lost the popular vote by a substantial margin.
- A little late now, but Trump's scam of a university was definitely a scam.
- The president has the ability to send an unblockable text message to all Americans, and soon Trump will have that technology.
What if computer languages had personalities?
When we talk about female genital mutilation we usually think of places like Africa, but it was only a few decades ago when the practice was used in the USA by Christian doctors to prevent little girls
from touching themselves.
With the pipeline on hold, the Standing Rock protesters are asked by their tribe chairman
to go home.
Michael Shermer makes an anti-woman Tweet. Not really surprising considering his past involving several
allegations of sexual assault.
|At least one positive thing came out of 2016|
Emily's surgery went well!
- Trump claimed to save jobs by giving Carrier a huge tax break, and it turns out that Trump has commercial ties to Carrier and stands to
profit from their success. Yay, corruption! So what is Carrier
going to do with that extra money? Well, they're going to replace humans with automation and
drop the jobs anyway! And what about all the other companies that are itching
for tax breaks? Can't they just say they're going to move jobs out of the country to have their taxes lowered? And what about all the companies who can't move jobs overseas? Will they still have to pay
higher taxes? Like of of his deals, Trump really botched this one.
- Well, it looks like we can all relax, Trump has chosen a brain surgeon who has never held any form of public office or any job even related to housing to lead the Department of Housing and Urban
Development, but not just any brain surgeon, we're talking about the same man who thought the Egyptian pyramids were built to house grain,
- In 1996, Jeff Sessions, Trump's new Attorney General, tried to ban an LGBT conference from the University of Alabama because he believed it violated Alabama's
anti-sodomy law which the state barbarically passed in 1992.
- The North Carolina head of the KKK was going to attend the Trump rally, but he was arrested for stabbing someone during a pre-Trump
white power rally.
- Trump's pick for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, a woman who made her riches from pyramid schemes and is trying to eliminate public schools, said that her goal for education reform is to
advance belief in her god.
- Securing Trump Tower is costing the state of New York $500,000 a day, a bill that the state is trying to push on
the entire country.
- One of the things that pundits talked about after Clinton's loss was that she didn't address the working class, and that Democrats have lost touch with blue-collar workers. The reality is, Clinton
addressed middle-class issues all the time during her campaign, so what excuses are we left with?
The one thing I see with Republicans is that they have a very powerful fear and hate machine like Fox "News" and there really are still that many bigoted white people who just can't stand the idea of
peeing in the same bathroom as a transgendered person, having a woman with authority over them, or not being allowed to make racist jokes in public.
There has been a temporary stay on the Dakota Access Pipeline. Many rags are calling this a victory, but the pipeline hasn't been canceled, or even re-routed yet, it has just been
put on pause. People standing with the Standing Rock Sioux tribe can't afford to let their guard down now.
If you read fake news sites and think they're real, you may wind up in a pizzeria firing an
Seattle raised its local minimum wage and, while the Conservatives and Libertarians predicted the end of civilization, but two years later, unemployment is down, wages are up, and the city is doing
A Moroccan TV program shows women how to cover up bruises with makeup after their husbands beat them, because why address domestic abuse when you can
pretend it doesn't exist?
A black man portraying Santa is enough out online
Republican Paul Ryan, and actual piece of human garbage, explained how government assistance that feeds poor children gives them a "full stomach," but an,
If the US can't make progress, at least other countries can. Australia voted against their racist bigot of a candidate.
Oh no, from where will I steal my bibles?
|Trump is a blowhard... and a suckhard|
- Trump is turning the American presidency into a commercial for the businesses that kiss his ass
- Trump and his Republican cronies are doing their best to destroy the Affordable Care Act, which is odd, considering most Americans
are in favor of it.
- Trump's lead strategist, Kellyanne Conway is shocked, I repeat shocked that the Trump campaign is being accused of
catering to white supremacists.
- Despite losing the popular vote by a wide margin, Trump is doing a series of victory rallies. Is it normal for a presidential leader to hold victory rallies? Well, yes, if you live in Germany
just before World War II.
- Trump keeps blaming Clinton's huge popular vote lead on voter fraud, but there continues to be absolutely
no evidence for his assertion.
Global warming is getting worse, the rain forests are being depleted at an
increasing rate, the top ten hottest years ever recorded have
all occurred since 1998, but the Republicans in charge of setting regulations on controlling the climate
believe it's a vast conspiracy and the planet is actually getting colder. Hooray, we're doomed!
The mathematical problems with a Secret Santa, and how to solve them.
Gamergate is just a microcosm of alt-right terrorism.
Alex Dainis vlogs about being a scientist at conventions.
There is no Patient Zero when it comes to HIV, and the media was wrong to pin the blame on a
The Courageous Life of Ida B. Wells.
Dr. Oz is once again being sued for making false claims on his show, this time about olive oil
|Well, here we are again|
- With the counts still coming in, Clinton is almost a full 2% above Trump, but he still feels the need to do a victory tour to show how much America loves him, even though
most of us don't.
- Awhile ago Trump Tweeted about how awful Pakistan was, and now he's sucking up to their
- Post-election Trump is really just horrifying.
- Much of what Conservatives read and watch is a false reality created by Republican billionaires, many of whom are now in
- More details about Trump's many many conflicts of interest.
- Trump is expected do devastate US water and wildlife by pushing forward on fracking.
- Just a reminder, Trump's "charity" once donated $10,000 to an
- Samantha Bee has a hard time suggesting that Mike Pense will run the White House.
If you're a teacher living in Michigan, you may want to move to another state. Republicans are actively working to eliminate
Texas has always been an embarrassment of a state, and now the Republicans there are pushing the envelope by forcing women who have lost a pregnancy for any reason,
even having a miscarriage, to buy a funeral for their fetus, as early as 1 day after
conception. By punishing all women, they hope to decrease abortion, but all the evidence says this won't work.
Politics doesn't need any more liberal white men telling people of color
what they're doing wrong.
Turning Point USA, a wretched hive of Republicans and villainy, has put together The Professor Watchlist where professors who teach their students real history and political science are named so
Conservative students can remain ignorant to topics like climate change, racism, and LGBT issues. If you're a
teacher, and you find yourself on this list, well done!
Want to go further back? Check the old news.